At home, Diwali aura has started, As its Dhan teras today, Its a first day of Diwali and It is celebrated on the thirteenth lunar day of Krishna paksha, according to Hindu calender. Dhanvantari is worshipped on the occasion of Dhanvantari Trayodashi. Dhanvantari is considered to be the teacher of all physicians and the originator of Ayurveda.
Although Dhanteras has become associated with wealth and people buy gold or silver jewellery and utensils on this day, there is no association of either wealth or gold with Dhanvantari, who is a provider of good health rather than wealth. The significance of the day is like Dhantrayodashi Goddess Lakshmi came out from the ocean of milk during the churning of the Sea. Hence, Goddess Lakshmi, along with Lord Kuber is worshiped on the day of Trayodashi.
Specially on this day, business premises are renovated and decorated. Entrances are made colorful with lanterns and traditional motifs of Rangoli designs to welcome the Goddess of Wealth and Prosperity. To indicate her long-awaited arrival, small footprints are drawn with rice flour and vermilion powder all over the houses. Lamps are kept burning all through the night. It is believed that new "Dhan" or some form of precious metal is a sign of good luck. Lakshmi Puja" is performed in the evenings when tiny diyas of clay are lit to drive away the shadows of evil spirits. Bhajans, devotional songs in praise of Goddess Laxmi, are sung and "Naivedya" of traditional sweets is offered to the Goddess. So, On this special day, Naivedya should be also special for Maa lakshmi. There are so many traditional sweets which we used to offer as naivedya to our god, like on diwali its Boondi ladoo, peda, Kaju katli, badam katli, gulab jamun, and the list is on and on..I personally like to put some beautiful sweets infront of my Pooja ghar when We do Aarti on Diwali days. So For today, On Dhanteras, I tried to make kaju katli but in the form and shape of Apple, And gave the shade of Green on these Cashew apple. You can definitely add some cardamom powder in the cashew mixture, Or some another Essence Flavor to enhance the taste. These Apples are simple, and without any Essence. Brushed them with edible Green color and I am done with these beautiful Naivedya for Dhanters. Sounds Cool....Right??? Then try this recipe and see all the smiling face of your family and friends :) Check out the recipe below and do drop your thoughts on this :)
2 Cups Cashew
3/4 Cup Sugar
6 Tbsp Water
Green Food Color (Powder Form)
Small flat Paint Brush
Cloves as required
Ghee as required
1. Take a grinder and Powder the cashew and keep the powder aside. For this recipe, lets make Sugar Syrup First, For that take a deep non stick pan and Place the sugar and water on medium flame bring to a boil.
2. Keep on stirring the Sugar syrup until all the sugar dissolved. Check the consistency of sugar syrup as it should be of one string Consistency.
3. Now add the cashew powder to the sugar syrup and combine it properly. keep stirring the mixture as it will start to get thick.
4. Cook it for next 5 minutes and let all the mixture come together. once this lump is done, Immediately take out the mixture from the pan and place it on a greased plate.
5. Once the mixture is bit hot like you handle it, Take a small ball size of mixture and roll it round and give apple shape. (Note: To give a perfect apple shape, first Roll the ball in perfect round shape then make a slightly cylindrical shape. Press a bit from the top and Put a Clove on the middle of the top. Your apple shape is ready :)))
6. Place a clove on the middle of the top, and by using 00 size of paint brush, Shade the green color on these little cute apples.
Enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY DIWALI :)
The Apple cashews are so cute and perfectly done. Like it a lot, kids will love them. Wanted to Try them and you have well explained as how to do, thanks for sharing. Please check http://Rarelicious.wordpress.com for kids snacks, millets and other South Indian recipes.ReplyDelete
How abt the food green Colour... dilute in water and brush them or is there a liquid food Colour?ReplyDelete
It's not a liquid color... a powder one .. jusy dip the brush in water slightly... Very very less amount of water and dip that brush in green color!!! Then color ur apples :)Delete
Additionally, as of late, Doha has gained prominence as a vacationer destination in Doha. This has given a huge lift to the interest for Doha EscortsReplyDelete