Stuffed Green Moong Parathas are an Ultimate and Super healthy Lunch or Dinner meal, which you can easily make and serve to your family. You can also pack them in your kids lunch box and Tiffins too. They are as simple as you make Aloo ka paratha, I just twisted this to make a healthy version of Parathas.
For making it more healthy I've added some veggies in it like carrots and capsicum some mint leaves and coriander. You can always add veggies of your choice, and your family members choice. yeah, by writing this, i am thinking that I could add some green peas also, They are my favorite...Well, never mind, this will be for next time :)
I was too confuse for my yesterday's dinner menu....firstly I was making simple Moong curry, then when I was Boiling it, just got click in my mind that I have some veggies and I can use them otherwise, one thing I thought that after you boil Moong and if you smash them you will get the same texture of Aloo parathas Aloo stuffing. That made me more confident that these paratha will gonna rock. So just Boil them, made some Masala on a pan, add these moong and smashed the whole stuffing...It hardly took 45 minutes when I was making my last Paratha. Great na!!! :)
The Good thing about moong is its low in Saturated Fat and Sodium, and very low in Cholesterol. It is also a good source of Protein, Vitamin B6, Phosphorus and Potassium, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C.
Green Mung Beans Are Easily digestible, Anti-inflammatory (can reduce inflammation), Containing high amounts of fiber, thereby preventing constipation. Green Mung Beans Exhibit Powerful Antioxidant Properties that can Help Fight Disease as well as Protect the Body.
These Paraths can be served with any chutney or any dip of your choice, here I am serving them with some Tomato sauce, and Yogurt Mint dip.
So lets check out the Ingredients which you will need to make these nutritious parathas.!
2 Cups Green Moong (Green Moong Beans), Boiled
1 Onion, Chopped
1/2 tbsp Ginger Paste
1/2 Tbsp Ginger Paste
1/2 Tbsp Green chili paste
1/2 Cup Grated Carrot
1/4 Cup Capsicum, Chopped finely
1/4 Cup Mint leaves, chopped
1/4 Cup Coriander Leaves, chopped
2 Tbsp Homemade Masala (mixture of oregano, chili flakes, Garlic powder and salt)
Lemon juice as per taste
1/2 tsp Red chili powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
1/4 tsp Fennel Seeds
1/4 tsp Cumin seeds and mustard seeds
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
Salt to Taste
2 Cup Whole wheat flour
1/2 Cup All purpose Flour
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Carom seeds
1/4 tsp Sesame seeds (Optional)
Line up all the Ingredients.
1. Heat a Pan with Olive Oil, add Cumin seeds and mustard seeds let them crackle, Then add chopped Onions and saute for a minute, add Ginger, Garlic, and Green chili Paste, saute them as well.
2. Then add capsicum and let it cook for a minute, Then add grated carrot and saute them well, add all the spices and mix them well.
3 Add boiled Green Moong beans and Mint leaves, mix them well and finally add coriander leaves, mash them properly.
5. Le it to be cool completely.
Note: In a meantime lets make a dough for the Paratha.
6. Take a big Bowl and add both the flour, Garlic Powder, Carom seeds and sesame seeds and salt.
7. Mix them well and add olive oil, make a Make smooth and soft dough. Cover it and let it be rest for 10 minutes.
9. Divide it into desired equal portions, Using your palm, make smooth balls and flatten it out, divide the moong stuffing as well.
10. Now take one flatten dough ball, rub it in a dry flour and roll into circle using rolling pin, put the stuffing on it and gather the edges, seal it properly..Again Roll this stuffed Ball and make a paratha.
9. Heat the tawa, and place the paratha on it and let it be brown at the one side, the flip it to the other side, apply oil or butter on it and and cook the other side as well.
10. Serve this hot paratha with Green chutney or Tomato sauce or yogurt-mint dip.