Quesadillas are the perfect family-friendly weeknight meal when you need to get dinner on the table fast. I've lightened up traditional quesadilla recipes while preserving the authentic Mexican flavor by reducing the amount of cheese, by adding healthy vegetables in these easy quesadilla recipes.
Not typically known for being the healthiest Mexican-inspired option, these quesadilla recipes use unique ingredients and lighter substitutes without sacrificing any of the intense flavor you love.
So quick and easy to make, these Veggie Quesadillas will become a dinnertime go-to meal in no time. To make it kids Friendly, Simply omit the green chilies. Depending on how many little mouths you have to feed, this snack can be as easy as tossing some cheese and veggie mixture between two tortillas and heating it in a skillet. Slice it like a pizza and the kids have a utensils-free food to enjoy
Yesterday, We just had it in a Dinner, It was light and healthy. Even Prisha liked this yummy Quesadillas. She had this for first time, She was finding carrots in that, she picked the carrot piece and enjoying :) .....Cheese is her favorite ingredient...Sometimes she ask me for a cheese slice and she eat that cheese slice like " Aaram se" :)
So, lets jump in to the Recipe and find out what we will need to make these yummy and healthy veggie Quesadillas..
How to make Tortilla
2 cups flour (you can be creative with your flour choices like whole Wheat, All purpose flour, soy, or a mixture of flours)
1/2 tsp salt
3 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp baking powder
1⁄2 cup warm water
1. Sift the flour, salt & baking powder into a large mixing bowl.
2. Into the dry ingredients cut in the shortening, or add oil if you are using this option, & mix with your fingertips to combine.
3. Add the milk or water, working the liquid into the dough until a sticky ball forms.
4. Wrap in plastic and let rest for at least 30 minutes.
5. Divide the dough into 8-10 balls (for small tortillas) or 6-8 balls for larger ones, cover them again with the damp cloth.
6. Lightly dust a counter w/flour & roll out each ball of dough into a circle. If you want nicely rounded tortillas, trim off any ragged edges & discard. Don't roll the dough out more than once or the tortillas will be tough.
7. Heat a dry griddle or heavy skillet over high heat for 5 minutes. Cook the tortillas 30 seconds on each side or until the dough looks dry & slightly wrinkled & a few brown spots form on both surfaces. Do not over cook or they will be hard. Butter and roll up and wrap in damp tea towel to keep warm as you cook the other tortillas.
How to Make Stuffing:
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 1/2 cup Chopped Mushrooms
1 cup Capsicum
1 cup Corns kernals
1 Cup Carrot, Chopped
1 Cup Cabbage, Chopped
1 Cup Bolied Potato, Chopped
1 Tbsp 3G paste (Garlic, Ginger, Green chili Paste)
1 cup Mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
2 Tbsp Tomato Ketchup
1/2 tsp Oregano
1/2 tsp Chili flakes
Salt to Taste
Line up all the Ingredients.
1. Heat oil in a pan. To that add Onions and 3G Paste (Garlic, Ginger, Green chili Paste) and Saute them.
2. Then add Carrots and Capsicum (Note: You can take bell Papers as well. Three color Chilis).
3. Once veggies are done cooking, add Boiled and chopped Potatoes and season them with Garlic Powder, Oregano and salt. (Note: You can add veggies of your Choice, e.g Spinach, Zucchini, You can add Paneer (Cottage Cheese) as well). Take out a stuffing in a bowl.
4. Now heat skillet over medium heat.
5. Roast one side of tortilla on a skillet ans apply Tomato ketchup on it, and let it turn in a golden color. Lower down the heat, flip the tortilla.
6. Now spread veggies on tortilla covering half way through.
7. Top up the veggies with cheese.
8. Fold over the tortilla to cover the cheese and veggie mixture.
9. Apply butter and fry tortilla folded from both the sides till it gets nice crisp and golden color.
Cut in small triangles and serve hot!
Lovely quesdillas Wagmi..need to grab oneReplyDelete
Thank you so much dear jayashree!!! :)Delete
They looks so Yum and mouth watering dearReplyDelete
Thank you dear Kushi :)Delete