Presenting The Second "FOODIE MONDAY BLOG HOP" Event Dish, The Theme is "MULTI-GRAIN OR WHOLE WHEAT" and My Dish is "SPICY MULTI-GRAIN SPROUTS LOAF".
The Purpose of making this Loaf is, its So so Healthy and Delicious!! When The group members decided the theme, I was thinking to make something simple yet interesting and delicious....Finally I land up with this super healthy and damn yummy multi-grain Loaf...
Whole grain multi-grain contain a dietary fiber content of up to four times Greater than and may also contain more vitamins and protein compared another simple grain. Multi-grain Loaf also provide complex carbohydrates.
For healthy living you should eat Chapatis or Rotis made out of multi-grain Flour (Atta). Pure flour which includes roughage (or fiber) is better than the refined flour without any roughage for making chapatis. Flour without roughage is like white flour which is not at all good for healthy living.
For example, people suffering from piles are advised by doctors not to eat Maida based products and white bread. Multi grain flour which can be made at most of your neighborhood flour mills (chakki) is much better than pure flour, So go for it. Feel free to change them and experiment with them in case other combination of these suit you or your family.
So, Check out this Multi-Grain and goodness of Sprouts Loaf!!
For this, You will need....
1 Cup Rice
1/4 Cup Chana Daal (Bengal Gram split lentils)
2 Tbsp Udad Daal (White Gram skinned lentils)
1/4 Cup Suji/Rawa (semolina)
1/4 Cup Multi-Grain Flour
3-4 Tbsp Corn kernals
3-4 Tbsp Sprouts (Moong (Green Gram whole) and Black Chana (Bengal Gram whole))
3 Tbsp Yogurt
2 Tbsp Oil
Pinch of Baking Soda
1 Tbsp Oil
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds and mustard seeds
Pinch of Asafoetida
3-4 Curry Leaves
2 Tbsp 3G Paste (Ginger, Garlic, Green chili)
1/2 tsp Red chili powder
1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
1 Medium size Onion, Chopped
3 Tbsp Carrot, Grated
3 Tbsp Cabbage, Grated
Salt to taste
1. Line up all the Ingredients
2. Wash Rice and all Daal and soak them for at least 4-6 hours.
3. Drain water from Rice/Daal and coarsely Grind them (if possible, do not add any additional water while Grinding). Food processor or blender may be used. Add Suji or Rawa in it, and add Multi-Grain Aata, and Yogurt, add 2 Tbsp of Oil and mix well. Put it in a sunlight for fermentation. at least for 4-5 hours with covered lid.
5. In a small Pan, heat 1 Tbsp of Oil slightly. Add Cumin seeds and Mustard Seeds, let them splutter, add Pinch of Asafoetida, Then add Curry Leaves and 3G Paste (Ginger, Garlic, Green chili) and Chopped Onion and Grated carrot and Cabbage in it. Add Red chili powder and salt to taste. Just saute them for a minute. Switch off the gas. Add this Oil mixture to the above batter and mix well. (Note: You can use any vegetables of your choice like, Grated Bottle guard (It makes loaf soft from inside), Green peas, French beans (Finely chopped) )
6. Grease and Dust a Bread Pan, Add 1/8 tsp of Baking Soda in the Batter and then pour this batter on it, And Sprinkle Some Sesame Seeds on it.
7. Sprinkle Sesame Seeds over the top of the Batter, And bake at 180'C for 30 minutes. In between time, after 20 minutes check it by piercing it with knife or a toothpick whether it is baked or not..If you need more than 30 minutes go ahead and bake it properly.
8. Then take off the pan and let it cool. Serve it!!!
I am serving it with Green Chutney (Cilantro leaves and mint leaves chutney), Flavored yogurt, Tomato ketch up..
Happy Cooking, Happy Baking!! :)
Cake looks absolutely delicious ,enticing & healthy too.ReplyDelete
Thank you dear Madhavi :)Delete