This is very simple recipe, I remember, when I was in college, on my birthday we invited my college friends at home for dinner, my mom made 50 katoris at home to celebrate my birthday with these katori chaat. and I clearly remember we put all these pre prepared katoris in big steel container by taking care they stay as it is, we were afraid if they will be broken. Everyone loved it, and we still love this katori chhat, yesterday me andPrisha we both made this, she likes to be in kitchen when something like this is in preparing, she rolled the small roti and then we covered it on katori then fried it. You can definitely bake it. but I loved the fried one, you can bake it for 20-25 minutes on 180 degree, that will be a healthy option.
For chaat you can use chickpeas, potato or sprouts are the good options. Sending this recipe for our 247th #Foodiemonday bloghop event, This time theme was suggested by Swaty malik, from Foodtrails. She has amazing blog with delicious recipes, for some instant pot recipe click here. There are so many other recipe which I like the most. basil pesto bread this is amazing recipe, you should check her blog.
So for katori chaat check out the recipe below and Enjoyyy!!!!
2 cup Maida
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp oil, hot
water to knead
oil for frying
FOR KATORI CHAAT:
1 potato boiled & cubed
1/4 cup green chutney
1/2 cup tamarind chutney
1 cup Curd
Sprinkle kashmiri red chilli powder
sprinkle cumin powder
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tomato, finely chopped
1/2 cup Sev
few coriander leaves
sprinkle chaat masala
1. firstly, prepare Maida dough, now pinch a ball sized dough, and flatten it.
dust flour as required and roll slightly thick. Prick the flattened dough with fork.
2. place a small katori or cup and wrap the dough. deep fry in hot oil or bake in preheated oven at 180 degree celsius for 30 minutes. splash oil till the katori separates from the dough.
3. Now fry the katori, till it turns golden and crisp. drain off over kitchen paper and keep aside.
4. Prepare chaat by assembling katori in a plate. Add 1 tsp boiled and cubed potato, 1/2 tsp green chutney, 1 tsp tamarind chutney and 1 tbsp curd. Also sprinkle chili powder, cumin powder and salt.
add in a tbsp of onion and tomato.
5. Garnish with 2 tbsp sev and few coriander leaves and pomegranate seeds. finally, serve katori chaat immediately, sprinkling chaat masala over it.