I normally dont do much fasting and all, There are only three fasts I do in whole year, and at that time we used to make several things at home. There are many many recipes you will find out on social platforms and you will love them all. But few are like very authentic and we are grown up with those dishes or recipes.
This Sweet potato patties is one of that recipe which used to prepared at our home. My mom used to make this specially for my dad, He loves this patties. We all used to cherish those perfectly made patties whenever any fasting days are coming. Its very simple and not so many ingredients required for it. some people add roasted crushed peanuts too in this recipe, and that tastes good too.
This time for our 254th foodiemonday bloghop event we are back with fasting recipes or Farali specialities. The theme was suggested by Kalyani sri who owns https://www.sizzlingtastebuds.com/
blog, and has amazing recipes on her blog. I like many of them few are here,
Zaffrani MIllet apple phirni
Roasted bell pepper hummus
For this theme my contribution is Sweet potato Patties they are made with water chestnut flour (Shunghade ka aata). check out the recipe below and enjoy!! :)
5-6 sweet potatoes
1 teaspoon Green chili chopped
1 tsp Ginger finely chopped or grated
1/2 tsp roasted cumin seeds or powder
1/2 tsp sesame seeds
1 or 2 tablespoon Shinghade ka aata or water chestnut flour
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 Tbsp Chopped coriander leaves
rock salt or black salt
oil for frying
1. Rinse and clean the sweet potatoes well in water, I put them overnight in water so all the mud will get remove by the morning. then rinse them properly they will be super clean.
2. Roast them in the oven or on the gas also with BBQ net or any other steel net till they are cooked and soft.
3. Peel them after baked< you can boil them also in pressure cooker with less water and salt, but I prefer to bake it enhance the flavor of it.
4. Take them in a large bowl and mash it with masher or with fork, and add green chili, ginger, salt, shinghade ka aata, cumin seeds, sesame seeds and chopped coriander leaves. at the end add lemon juice and mix them all very well.
5. Shape into medium sized patties, and make even sizes of all.
6. Take a pan and add little oil it heat it little and place those patties on it and fry them till both the sides are brown.
7. You can serve it with Yogurt raita or any chutney. Or any kind of sauce you can use.
Enjoy this Vrat or Farali special recipe at home.