A Pie is a baked dish which is usually made of a pastry dough casing that covers or completely contains a filling of various sweet or savory ingredients.
Pies are defined by their crusts. A filled pie (also single-crust or bottom-crust), has pastry lining the baking dish, and the filling is placed on top of the pastry but left open. A top-crust pie has the filling in the bottom of the dish and is covered with a pastry or other covering before baking. A two-crust pie has the filling completely enclosed in the pastry shell. Shortcrust pastry is a typical kind of pastry used for pie crusts, but many things can be used, including baking powder biscuits, mashed potatoes, and crumbs.
Pies can be a variety of sizes, ranging from bite-size to ones designed for multiple servings.
But what If I want to make pie of different shape....I just saw this pie recipe on one Food show and thought that I should give a try on this recipe....And Really on a first try it comes out so so well, Stuffing is also so healthy because spinach is the main ingredient and as we all know its a very healthy....Many people don't like to have spinach in their lunch or dinner or in any form....But If you really want to serve Spinach your family members or specially to your kids, This Recipe is best for you!!! It has Paneer, Cheese, Potato and Spinach...Very nutritious and super yummy!! This bite sized pie so handy and simply u can break a petals and dip it in your any favorite dip..I have served it with cheese dip and when I first bite.....Mmmmmmmmm It was so so delicious and Yess, It was heavy too because butter content in a crust is too high...and I had just 4-5 petals and I felt like...Ok...Now I should give a break and in a next round of my hunger will have it again...:)
So, lets check out the step by step recipe with Ingredients!
1/2 no Boiled Potato
2 Cup Blanched Spinach
2 Tbsp Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
2 tsp Garlic, Crushed
1/2 Cube Cheese, (Note..You can take any cheese)
2 no Green chilies
1 tsp Mix herbs
1/4 tsp Black pepper powder
Salt to taste
For Pie Dough
200 gm All purpose Flour
100 gm Salted Butter
Pinch of Salt
Water to make a dough
1. Line up all the Ingredients First.
6. Secondly, mark a border of that paste just near to dollop of stuffing...See Picture
7. Next, Place another Puri on it and cover it lightly by leaving middle part of the Puris.
8. Seal the Pie by Fork and cover it well.
9. Now mark Four Cuts to the pie like this....See Picture...And Put any Bottle Cap of small size and give another three marks near to the four Big marks. (Note: Bottle cap to get an exact size of cuts and we could have an even petals shape.)
11. Sprinkle Black sesame seeds on a middle of the flower and put them in a Baking tray. And Bake these beautiful Flowers on 160 degree for 15-20 minutes!! they must be of slightly color changed or of Light pink color. Serving it with some Cheese dip!!