A taco is a traditional Mexican dish composed of a corn or wheat tortilla folded or rolled around a filling. A taco can be made with a variety of fillings, allowing for great versatility and variety. A taco is generally eaten without utensils and is often accompanied by garnishes such as salsa, avocado or guacamole, cilantro (coriander), tomatoes, onions and lettuce.
Traditionally, soft-shelled tacos referred to corn tortillas that were cooked to a softer state than a hard taco - usually by grilling or steaming. More recently the term has come to include flour tortilla based tacos mostly from large manufacturers and restaurant chains. In this context, soft tacos are tacos made with wheat flour tortillas and filled with the same ingredients as a hard taco.
Sometimes, You really want to have something which is handy and can satisfy your Taste buds with different taste...This Mexican Chili Tacos are perfect for any occasions...I made these yummy tacos just in the morning and had them as my breakfast...Taste was Awesome and loved it...
For this we will need....
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 0
Servings : 5-6
Cuisine : Mexican, Starter
HOW TO MAKE TACO SHELLS
2 cups Maize Flour
1/2 teaspoon Salt
Oil (for brushing)
1. Take a bowl and place Maize Flour and salt. Stir in 1 1/2 cups water; knead in bowl until dough forms. The dough should feel firm and springy and look slightly dry. Add more water by tablespoonfuls if too crumbly; add a little more Maize Flour if too wet.
2. Make small Balls from dough. Flatten on a tortilla press lined with a plastic bag. If tortilla crumbles, dough is too dry (add more water); If it sticks to the plastic, dough is too wet (add more Flour). Repeat, pressing out 2 more tortillas.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; lightly brush with oil. Cook 2-3 tortillas until charred in spots and edges start to curl, 1-2 minutes. Turn; cook through, about 15 seconds. Transfer to a kitchen towel; fold over to keep warm. Repeat, in batches, with remaining dough.
4. Heat oil over medium heat in a skillet. Carefully add half of the tortilla (folded into a taco shape) and fry until golden (You will need to hold up the tortilla half the entire time).
5. Using tongs, carefully flip the tortilla to fry the other side until golden (continue holding the free edge to maintain the shape).
6. Remove from skillet and balance the shell on a paper towel until set. Repeat, placing each made taco shell on top of the last to drain oil and set. After they are all set, You can pile on the taco goods and Enjoy!!!!!!
How to make Chili Tacos
5-6 Taco shells
1 Cup Baked Beans in tomato sauce
1/2 Cup Spring Onions, Chopped
1/2 Cup Grated Cheese
2 Green Chilies, Chopped
2 Tbsp Chili Sauce
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black pepper Powder
1/2 tsp Mexican herbs
1/2 Bunch Iceberg lettuce shredded
1. Line up all the Ingredients.
2. Warm the taco shells in a preheated oven for a few minutes. Here I did not make these Tacos at home, They are ready-made Taco shells. But sharing recipe above how to make taco shells at home.
3 Take a Bowl and Place baked beans and spring onions, Green chilies, chili sauce. Add salt and pepper powder, and Mexican herbs mix lightly. Add Some amount of Grated cheese . (Note: This is Optional, If you want to add you can, Or else its good if you are a weight watcher.)
4 Now, lets assemble them, Place some lettuce leaves in tacos and Fill the taco shells till about three fourth spoon baked beans mixture.
5. Top the shells with Grated cheese, Grated lettuce leaves and Chopped Spring Onions.