Garba and dandiya is a dance which people perform on all nine nights, after the Durga Pooja, in groups accompanied by live orchestra or devotional songs. The word Navaratri means 'nine nights' in Sanskrit, Nava meaning nine and ratri meaning nights. During these nine nights and ten days, nine forms of Devi are worshiped. I normally dont do fasting and all, But yes I love to make food from this particular ingredients..Like sabudana ki khichdi, Sabudana Bade, Kheer, Aloo ki vrat ki sabzi, Rajgire k aate ki puri...There are sooo manyyy!! Here I am presenting Lauki ki kheer, Trust me I have made this for first time, but I cant believe this, The taste is Soooooooo Good, and I now I Oftenly gonna make this at home....It was so yummy and love to have again and again....You guys should really try this at once for sure!!! Check out the ingredients and step by step recipe below
1 litre Milk
1.5 Tbsp Ghee, Clarified Butter
350g Bottle gourd, Grated (Lauki)
1 Cup Condense Milk
Sugar as Required
1/2 tbsp Cardamom powder
Dry fruits for Garnishing
1. Heat a deep Pan with Ghee (Clarified Butter), Squeeze the water from grated bottle gourd And Saute it in a ghee for few minutes..
2. Add the milk in to the sauted Bottle gourd and stir well, and let the milk boil for 10-15 minutes.
3. Add Condense milk in it and keep stirring for 2-3 minutes, Bring it to a one boil and add sugar as Required. Cook it for another 5 minutes. (Note: Its totally depend on your choice or your taste, If you like more sweet add sugar as your desired taste otherwise 2 Tbsp will be enough)
4. When the milk started getting thick, add the cardamom powder and some chopped dry fruits and turn off the flame. (Note: You can add Dry fruits of your choice ere I am using Almonds and some amount of Raisins)
5. You can serve it hot and Chilled as well. Garnish it with some Almond flakes, few Raisins and saffron strands.!!!!