Bell Peppers are my favorite...The color, the flavor, A wonderful combination of tangy taste and crunchy texture and Yes, nutritious benefits of bell peppers are very high. The highest amount of Vitamin C in a Bell pepper is concentrated in the red variety. Red bell peppers contain beta-carotene, which lavish you with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits. The capsaicin in Bell peppers has multiple health benefits.
Bell peppers are one of the best vegetables to serve in any platter since not only do they add a brilliant splash of color, but their texture is also the perfect crunchy complement for dips. Bell peppers and a host of pepper cousins are some of the most versatile vegetables in the kitchen, no matter where you go in the world. They make a yummy saute with onions, and find themselves sliced or diced in salads, soups, and casseroles. They can be stuffed, grilled, placed on sandwiches, or simply sliced for a fresh, flavorful, and crunchy snack. Just think of all the wonderful dishes you can create with this one, endlessly versatile garden vegetable. You must have made so many varieties from these beautiful bell peppers, me also love to try them in different dishes, Specially in Italian dishes, Here, I am using these Bell Peppers in Indian dish which is called Uttapam, its a south Indian dish...And tried my hands in making these yummy and Too delicious Bell Peppers Uttapam. Uttapam are prepared for breakfast in South India. It is very healthy and common breakfast item. It is always accompanied with coconut chutney or Sambar. There are many varieties of Uttapams are available like Onion Uttapam, Mix veg Uttapam, Masala Uttapam, Coriander Uttapam, Carrot Uttapam and many more....
These Bell pepper Uttapam was also a hit version at my home, Hubby loved the taste and yes, When I served him, he simply said...Thts a Beautiful Uttapam :) Yeah, Liked that sentence when he said this....The Color and that Crunchy taste makes these Uttapam very delightful..I can have it in anytime...In breakfast, Lunch Even in Dinner also.....!!! So By presenting this, Check out the step by step recipe of these Beautiful Bell Peppers Uttapam and Enjoyyyy!!! :)
How to make Uttapam Batter
2 Cups Rice soaked
1 Cup Split black gram skinless (dhuli urad dal)
Salt to taste
1. Drain and grind the rice and dal separately, using a little water, to a smooth paste. Mix them in a deep vessel.
2. Cover and keep the batter to ferment for a minimum of six to eight hours in a warm place.
3. Take required quantity of batter in a bowl, add salt and sufficient water to get the desired consistency and mix well.
How to make Sambar:
1 cup yellow lentils (arhar or toor daal)
1 Tbsp salt
1 Tbsp sugar
3 Tbsp Sambar masala
3 Tbsp Thick tamarind pulp or 1 tsp tamarind concentrate
2 tsp mustard seeds
7-8 leaves of curry leaves
2-3 whole dry red peppers
1 cup mixed vegetables, cut into approx.1" cubes
1 big onion, cut into quarters
2 Tbsp oil
1 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves to garnish.
1. Cook daal with salt, till absolutely tender.
2. Add sambar masala, sugar and vegetables, including the onions, and cook till the vegetables are tender, and add tamarind. Heat oil in a saucepan and add the mustard seeds.
3. When they splutter, add the whole red peppers and the curry leaves. Turn around 2-3 times, then add the daal mixture.
4. Bring to a boil, and then simmer for about 5 minutes, Serve hot garnished with the coriander leaves.
How to make Bell pepper Uttapam:
Uttapam batter - 2 cups
1/2 Cup Big Onion chopped
3-4 Green chillies chopped
2 Cup Yellow, Red and Green Capsicums (Bell peppers), Chopped
2 Tbsp Coriander leaves
Salt to taste
Oil - 1 tablespoon
1. Mix together finely chopped onion, Green chilli, Coriander leaves and Bell peppers. Add salt to taste.
2. Heat a skillet and spread 1/4 cup of Uttapam batter into a small and bit thick circle.
3. Spread the Bell peppers mix over Uttapam and sprinkle little oil. Cook on both sides.
Serve hot with your favorite chutney and sambar!!!
Here, I am serving with sambar Only !!!! Enjoyyy these yummyyy and Delicious Breakfast!!!