Crostini are an Italian appetizer consisting of small slices of grilled or toasted bread and toppings. In short little Toasts. The toppings may include a variety of different cheeses, and vegetables, seafood or may be presented more simply with a brush of olive o
I am a fan of Italian Food, and whenever it comes to Italian Food, I can never say NO to Italian food. I like that mild seasoned flavor of each dish which I have tasted. The usage of garlic and my favorite seasonings like Oregano, Chili flakes, Black pepper, These spices make this Food to enjoy thoroughly. BTW I am a diehard fan of cheesy and garlic flavor White sauce..Well, My mouth is already watering...And its already a midnight, and I don't want to go back to the kitchen and make this white sauce with some Penne or I can simply enjoy it by topping it on french loaf. There are so many dishes which I like in Italian Menu, including my favorite Dessert Tiramisu too, Crostini is also one of them. Its very easy and quick to make. If you have French Loaf at home, Then You have nothing to do. Simply make Topping of your choice, some mozzarella cheese and you are done with this gorgeously looking handy crostinis.
I love bell peppers, So, Whenever I will post any Italian dish, Bell peppers will be there for sure ;) I love that colorful pictures, which make your food so inviting and delicious. Here in this crostini post I have used Three color Bell peppers Red, Green and Yellow...On a top of that Cherry Tomatoes are so in season these days, Got some very fresh and beautiful Cherry tomatoes, Topping them too on my crostinis. you can change the toppings of your crostini, As I am from pure vegetarian Family, I will go with this toppings, You guys can use any topping of your choice. I made this crostini today afternoon, and then I was thinking that let just put this baked crostini in Aluminium Foil, as I know This will not taste good when I reheat them just for a minute in oven...Guess what I did...I had 4 of these gorgeous looking little Toasts and I was so so full after having them....I mean Ofcourse ;) Even Prisha had one whole Crostini as I was thinking she will not finish it off but she did...BTW she was calling this little toasts a Mini Pizza ;) She was so excited when I was baking them. In every minute she was asking me like..... Ho Gaya?? (Are they done?) ;) And I told her whenever they are done I will give you all of them ...And she was like Hurrraaayyyyyyy...jumping off ;)
This is our 43rd Foodiemonday Bloghop event, And we guys are lucky that the Holy month Ramadaan is starting from Monday....So we Foodies have decided to start this Holy month with our ramadaan special recipes. which you guys can enjoy during Iftaar time or in Sehri time, or a main course menu. I am contributing some easy and less time spent recipe which you can enjoy at your Sehri or Iftaar time. Wish you all the Ramadaan Kareem and stay blessed you all :)
Here, Check out the step by step recipe of Crostini with cherry tomato topping and Enjoyyy it :)
1 Fresh French Loaf
2 Tbsp Butter
11/2 Tbsp Garlic Paste
1 tsp Olive Oil
1 Cup Chopped or sliced Red, Green and Yellow Bell Pepper
11/2 Tbsp Tomato Ketchup
1 tsp Pizza Seasoning
1 tsp chopped Parsley
Salt To Taste
1 Cup Mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp Dry Oregano
1/4 tsp Black Pepper Powder
7-8 Cherry Tomatoes
1. Cut the French Loaf into thin Slices.
2. Take a Bowl and add Butter, Oregano, Garlic Paste, fresh Parsley and mix well.
3. Apply this Butter mixture evenly on the Loaf slice on both the sides.
4. Take a baking tray and apply Lil amount of butter on it and Put these slices and put it in the Oven and bake it for 5 minutes at 180 degree C.
5. In a frying Pan put some Olive Oil and add just 1/4 tsp of Garlic Paste, Bell Peppers, Fresh Parsley, Pizza Seasoning, Dry Oregano, Tomato Ketchup, Coarsely grind-ed Black Pepper and fry them for a few minutes. Turn off the Flame, Let the Topping cool a little and salt to taste.
6. Take out the Bread slices from the oven and Top the Bread Slices with the bell peppers topping.
7. Top it up with Mozzarella cheese and sprinkle pizza seasoning on the cheese.
8. Again, Put the Bread Slices back in oven for 5 - 6 Minutes and bake it till the cheese melts.Then Top it with some beautiful cherry Tomatoes. :)
I love preparing crostini. Yours look so colourful and tempting.ReplyDelete
Waagmi...these mini toasts look so cute...lovely clicks dear.ReplyDelete
As usual lovely presentation. Superb!ReplyDelete
Fab presentation .ReplyDelete
Once you use it You feel satisfy.... Visit our site Empty Dry Fruit BoxesReplyDelete