Well, I am not so used to do this fasting and all During the festivals....I only do a fast once in a year!....Navratri days are on high peak and Everyday what to make for the family members who are fasting during these Days....Hmmm a Big Dilemma...
If you are bored with all that very popular Recipes during this Navratri Vrat like, Sabudane ki khichdi, kheer, Banana and Potato chips and many More.....Then, How about this Stuffed Potato Dumplings??? These Dumplings are so easy to make and I bet they are so so delicious and a perfect appetizer to fulfill your food craving during these Days....!!!!!
They are stuffed with coconut, potatoes and very simple and less Ingredients.....Just make a stuffing, Cover with outer layer, Fry them and Go Go Go Serve them :) !!!! See, you can change the stuffing Ingredients also, like if you want to use Suran or Jimikand or Yam...Just wash it properly, clean it and boil it perfectly....Here I have used Potatoes only in the stuffing you can use Yam also If it is available...So stuffing can be of your choice !!! We Enjoyed these Super Yummyyy Dumplings in our yesterday's dinner....Hope you guys will also try them and Enjoyyy too!!! So for this, You will need:
It is Our 10th #Foodiemonday #Bloghop Event, and Our theme is #Navratrispecial .... I am presenting this stuffed potato dumplings, Check out the step by step recipe at:
4 No Boiled and Mashed potatoes
3 Tbsp Singhare ka Aata (Water chestnut Flour)
3 Tbsp Roasted Peanuts, Coarsely Crushed
2 Tbsp 2G paste [Ginger and Green chili paste ;)]
Sendha Namak (Rock Salt) as per taste
1 Tsp Fennel Seeds Powder
1 Tbsp Roasted Sesame seeds
2 Tbsp Desiccated Coconut
1 Tbsp Raisins
Oil to Fry
1. Line up all the Ingredients!
2. Boil the Potatoes Very well and mash them Properly. (Note: Make sure there are no lumps in mashed Potatoes).
3. Divide the mashed potatoes in a two parts. One will be use for outer cover and one will be use for stuffing.
4. For Outer layer, Take a Bowl and place one part of mashed potatoes and add Singhare ka aata in it, Sendha Namak and mix them gently. (Note: You can use oil in your hands to handle the dough.)
5. Now, For stuffing take another Bowl and Place the other part of mashed Potatoes, Add 2G paste, coarsely crushed Peanuts, fennel Seeds Powder, Sendha Namak (Rock salt), Sesame seeds, Desiccated coconut, Raisins and mix them all Very well..(Note: Same like dough you can also use oil in your hands to handle the Stuffing.)
6. Next, Make small balls from the stuffing mixture and put them aside.
7. Take some amount of outer layer mixture of potatoes in your hand, and stretch it a little bit, now put the stuffing ball in it and cover it Properly.
8. Roll this Covered Balls in water chestnut flour and deep fry them Golden brown and put them on a tissue Paper to soak the excess oil.
9. Serve them hot with ketchup or Any Raita...Here, I am serving it with Kiwi Raita.
Sounds delicious and I'm drooling dear waagmi :)ReplyDelete
I am loving your post and I am really impressed with the Photography...Proud of you my girl....ReplyDelete
Very detailed post Waagmi :) will surely try!!ReplyDelete
It looks so yummyReplyDelete
Looks Inviting dear!! Lovely share and clicks too.ReplyDelete
Nice and unique recipe..ReplyDelete
Hi Waagmi, visiting your blog first time. Very tempting potato dumpling suitable for fasting days.ReplyDelete
Dumplings looks super yummy, Waagmi! Lovely share. :)ReplyDelete