Hot dogs are commonly paired with a bland hot dog roll made from flour that has been bleached and thoroughly denatured, only having to be fortified again with nutrients. My hot dog gone starts with a whole-grain hot dog roll. Unfortunately, finding a whole-grain hot dog roll can be a challenge in an average grocery store. (You may have more luck at health and natural food stores.) Your best bet may be just a slice of multi grain bread. But, Fortunately I found them, and this time, I don't want to wrap it, I just want to make it like an Open Sandwich, So These are the Open Hot Dog Buns!!! Very Quick and Easy to make it, and Yes, They are Superrrr Yummy!!! Ideal for kids Party or in a kids Lunch Box too. So For that we will need:
2 whole wheat hot dog Buns
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
1/4 cup Finely Chopped Capsicum
1/4 cup chopped carrots
1/4 cup chopped French Beans
1/2 cup Green Peas
2 tsp olive oil
1/4 cup low-fat milk
salt to taste
1/2 tsp dry red chili flakes (paprika)
1/4 tsp Oregano
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Mint Powder
2 tsp melted low-fat butter for brushing
4 tsp tomato ketchup
1. Cut each hot dog roll horizontally into 2 halves.
2. Scoop the center of each hot dog roll halve, using a spoon so that a light depression is formed for the stuffing. Keep these scooped bread crumbs aside.
3. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
Add capsicum and sauté, Then add carrots, Green Peas, French Beans (You can use any vegetables of your like etc. Baby corn, Cabbage, Broccoli ) and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add the milk, salt, Oregano, Garlic Powder, Mint Powder and chili flakes and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
5. Divide the topping into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
6. Apply ¼ tsp of butter on both sides of each hot dog roll halve and toast them lightly on a tawa, till both sides are golden brown in color.
7. Place one toasted hot dog roll half on a clean, dry surface with the scooped side facing upwards. Spread a portion of the topping evenly in the scooped bread.
8. Repeat make 3 more open hot dog rolls.
Serve immediately. Enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!