Raj kachori is one of my favourite chaat and order where ever I find it in the menu in restaurants. I have had this 2-3 times and love it a lot. But now its more than 2 yrs since I had it. Somehow I remembered last weekend and thought of trying on my own at home. So finally I made yesterday and had it heartily. And I am disclaiming this recipe may not be the authentic one, but I can assure it turns out to be finger licking good,Happy. Its sure full of calories with all those deep fried stuffs and curd, still, once in a while its sure a treat for you. You can make your guest wonder too by making this for them. You can make the sev, both chutneys a day ahead, even if you want to make (if you have large air tight containers) you can make the puris too ahead and make your job easier the day when you are preparing. All the chaat recipes have few ingredients to make, but once you make and keep it, you can enjoy these easily.
So here the ingredients are:::
Ingredients to Knead dough:
Maida (All purpose flour)- 200 gms. (2 cup)
Sooji - 2 table spoon.
Salt - 1/2 tea spoon. (according to the taste)
Oil - to fry.
Potato - 2-3 (boiled) (chopped)
Moong or channa - 1/2 cup (boiled)
Small Papadi made of maida - 20
Dahi pakodi - 10
Curd - 400 gms. (2 cup) (whisked)
Cumin seeds - 2 tea spoon (roast and grind)
Black pepper - 1 tea spoon.
Red chilli powder - 1 tea spoon.
Sweet chutney - 1/2 cup.
Green chutney - 1/2 cup.
Sev bhujiya - 1/2 cup.
Pomegranate - 1/2 cup (peeled)
Coriander leaves - 1/2 cup (chopped)
For Garnishing : Beetroot julienne, Spicy boondi
1. Sieve the sooji and maida in a bowl and add salt, 1 table spoon oil in it. Mix the ingredients well and knead the flour with water.
2. Cover the dough and leave it for half an hour. Now punch the dough to make it smooth. Dough to make kachori is ready.
3. Heat oil in a pan.
4. Take a small portion of the dough and roll it with hands into a round ball. Now keep this ball on a rolling board and roll it into a flat disc of 3 inch.
5. Put this kachori into the pan and fry it in the oil. Press the kachori so it rises well. As soon as the kachori rises, lower down the flame and fry till it turns brown in colour.
6. Take out the kachori on a plate and prepare more kachoris in the same manner. Let it cool down.
Kachori is ready.
7. Now its time to stuff the kachori. We already have all the ingredients to stuff the kachori.
8. Break the kachori from the center from the side which is thin to put the ingredients into it.
9.Keep the kachori on a plate. Put 4-5 pieces of potatoes, 1 spoon boild moong, 2 dahi pakodi, 2-3 papadi dipped in curd, roasted cumin seeds, black pepper, red chilli powder, sweet chutney, curd, green chutney, sev bhujiya, pomegranate seeds, cumin seeds powder again, red chilli powder, coriander leaves, curd and chutney and for garnish beet root julienne and spicy boondi.
10. Put these ingredients in the same given sequence.
Raj Kachori is ready.
You can substitute and reduce or increase the quantity of the ingredients while stuffing as per your taste. If you do not have papadi, then you can use the kachoris which did not rise while frying. Break them into small pieces and put it inside the kachori. You can use boiled peas, instead of channa.
Note: you can also make Panipuri from this dough.
Enjoyyyy the Chatpata Swaad!!!