Green peas stuffed paratha my all time favourite. Very easy and yet quickly to make. They are not for only brunches or picnic, it is a full meal. Here enjoy the journey of these parathas....
For the Stuffing:
Green Peas – 1 1/2 cup (fresh or frozen)
Green chilli – to taste
Garlic – 1 tbsp, minced
Coriander chopped – 10 sprigs, approx
Salt – as per taste
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
For the Dough:
Whole Wheat Flour – 1.5 cup
Oil – 3 tsp
Salt – ¼ tsp
Warm water – 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp
Wheat Flour for dusting
Oil for pan-frying
1. If you are using frozen Green Peas, defrost and rinse them well.
2. Add Green Peas to a Food Processor and add in Garlic, Coriander , Green Chillies and Salt.
3. Pulse and blend. Careful not to make it into a paste.
4. In a pan, heat Ghee on medium heat.
5. Add in the Cumin Seeds, allow them to sizzle.
6. Add in the Green Peas mixture.
7. Incorporate well and cook for just about 2 minutes.
8. Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool completely.
9. Meanwhile work on making the dough.
10. In a large bowl, mix the flour and salt well.
11. Add oil and mix again to incorporate the oil into the flour.
12. Slowly add warm water and knead to form a dough.
13. Shape dough into a ball and rub a few drops of oil on it to coat.
14. Cover and let it stand for atleast 15 minutes.
15. Start heating a tawa before starting to roll the parathas.
16. Divide the Green Peas Mixture and the Dough into equal number of parts (makes approx 8-9).
17. Roll each ball in your palms and press into a flat circle.
18. Dip a flattened ball into the dry flour and coat it on all sides.
19. Using a rolling pin, roll out each ball into a flat disc.
20. Place a Green Peas Mixture ball into the center of the disc.
21. Lift the sides and bring them the the center, covering the ball of stuffing.
22. Pinch and twist off the excess.
23. Once again, press and flatten the ball and dip in the dry flour and coat flour on all sides.
24. Roll once again, seam-side down,gently, and roll. Dip in dry flour if needed.
25. Place the rolled Paratha on the tawa
26. When the dough changes color, flip the Paratha over.
27. Once you see golden spots on the Paratha, flip over again, press a bit again till cooked.
Serve hot right away or place in a Casserole dish till ready to serve.