Once Again Its Our 11th #Foodiemonday #Bloghop Event, and This time Our Theme is very Interesting, As we are 8 food bloggers in this Group So, We decided to have a theme, like my Name is Waagmi....So, The first letter of my name is "W" and, chose the Ingredient from "W"...And what else can be in your mind besides "Walnuts" ;) Same way Every group member has chosen their Ingredient according to their first letter of their Name....I found this Soooo Interesting!!! Isn't it?
Walnuts may help reduce not only the risk of prostate cancer, but breast cancer as well. In one study, mice that ate the human equivalent of 2.4 ounces of whole walnuts for 18 weeks had significantly smaller and slower-growing prostate tumors compared to the control group that consumed the same amount of fat but from other sources. Walnuts contain the amino acid l-Arginine, which offers multiple vascular benefits to people with heart disease, or Those who have increased risk for heart disease due to multiple cardiac risk factors. Adding healthful amounts of nuts such as walnuts to your diet can help you to maintain your Ideal weight over time. 10 Eating walnuts is also associated with increased satiety after just three days.
Initially I was not at all in any mood to make this Walnut cookies....Later, searching for some Interesting recipes and found this....This Turkish cookies are really Soooo Yummm and flavorful. Normally, its been made Egg, I am not using Egg here, And trust me Taste and Texture is really awesome without Eggs also.
This is a very different way to make apple pies in small portions. Also, comes in one portion sizes! Cinnamon is adding and incredible flavor to the Apple. Later on, I found some left over dough and stuffing too...So I simply roll the dough and spread stuffing on it, Roll them and cut them in Pinwheels...I too baked them...They are also Soooo fudgy..!!! Check out the step by step Recipe here!!
For the dough:
100 gm Butter
½ cup Powdered sugar
3 tbs Drained yogurt
½ cup oil
1 tbs Vanilla powder
1 tbs Baking powder
3 ½ Cups All purpose flour
For the Stuffing:
4 Tbs sugar
½ Cup Walnuts, Coarsely crushed
1 tsp Cinnamon
Line up all the Ingredients!
1. Grate the apples In a large skillet, Cook the Grated apples.
2. Add sugar When apples run out of Water, add ground cinnamon and Leave this mixture to cool down.
3. Add ground walnuts and let the mixture cool down.
4. Now, lets make a dough, In a large bowl mix room temperature Butter with powdered sugar Add and drained yogurt. Add oil and vanilla powder and mix well. Add flour and baking powder Gradually keep adding the flour as you start kneading. And prepare the dough! (Note: If you cant find Vanilla powder you can simply use essence too)
6. Cut the dough into two equal pieces (Note: cover up one of the pieces so it doesn’t go dry).
7. Roll the dough using a roller, Then cut the dough by cookie cutter or any round shape cutter, and make 10 equal size of cookies. Make a hole on 5 cookie pieces and other 5 leave them plain. Then, Place a table spoon of the apple filling on the plain pieces of cookie.
8. Now, Place with hole cookie on the stuffed plain cookie and cover it well....Design it with fork.
9. Put the Butter paper on a baking tray and transfer the cookies On 180'C Pre-heated oven, bake for 15 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
Enjoyyyyyy the Richness and Superrr yummminess!!!!
Recipe Courtesy : Easy Turkish Recipes!!
These Turkish Apple Pies looks yummy dear...love the swirls ..beautiful postReplyDelete
Very very nice Waagmi...I have some apples here...gonna try :)ReplyDelete
Amazing Cookie pies!! Lovely twist!! Will try this soon .ReplyDelete
Wow apple pie is really treat to me..Thanks so much for this tasty recipe..will try this soon !!ReplyDelete
i love bite size treats...these are perfect for me..thank you for sharing...ReplyDelete
Looks awesome Waagmi. A must try recipe.ReplyDelete