Tomato Makhana Pulao is a one pot meal which is enriched with the full of Protein and vitamins. The aroma of this Pulao will pamper your taste buds and will leave you longing for this Tomato Makhana Pulao. This Pulao makes a perfect Lunch box recipe for both kids and adults alike. When it comes to to comfort food, I always like to Serve or like to have Pulao of different varieties. Here’s an easy and quick recipe for this pulao. Eat this Yummiest Pulao with any Daal, curry, Raita or plain. It tastes Amazing!!!
This Tomato Makhana Pulao is just what you need to add both beauty and taste to your table. A simple and easy to make rice preparation - Try this truly irresistible mouthwatering delight. Make your day with a Great meal.
Check Out the step by step Recipe.
1 Cup, Basmati Rice or Long Grained
1 Tbsp Oil
1/2 tsp Ghee (Clarified Butter)
2 No Dry chilies
1 No Cinnamon Stick, small
3 No Cardamom, small
1 No Bay leaf
1 tsp Cumin seed
1 Tbsp Garlic cloves, sliced
2 Tbsp Onions, Sliced
3 Tbsp Tomato, finely chopped
Pinch of Turmeric powder
1 tsp Red chili powder
1/4 tsp Garam masala
2 Tbsp Tomato paste
1 Tbsp Tomato ketchup
1/4 Cup Green peas, Boiled
1/4 Cup French beans,chopped and Boiled
1/4 Cup Makhana (Foxnut), Roasted in ghee
Salt to taste
1. Line up all the Ingredients.
2. Wash for three to four times and Soak the Rice in water for an hour.
3. Heat the deep pan with Oil and ghee, and add Dry chilies, cardamom, cinnamon stick and Bay leaf in it. let them crackle for a seconds and add Cumin seeds. (Note: You can take olive oil too, to make it healthy and light ).
4. Add Sliced Garlic Cloves in it and saute them until the color change to light brown, Now add Sliced Onions and saute them too.
5. Add finely chopped Tomatoes and let them cook for at least 2-3 minutes, Now add some spices like pinch of turmeric powder, Red chili powder and Garam masala and salt to taste.
6. After sauteing the tomatoes with spices add Tomato paste in it and cook it for a minute, add Soaked and drained Rice in it and add water as required.
7. Add drained rice and saute gently for a minute on a low flame, So that the rice gets well coated with the mixture of Tomatoes, Onions and garlic. pour water and stir.
8. Cover tightly and let the rice cook on a low flame, till the water is absorbed and the rice is well cooked. check in between a few times to check if the water is enough.
9. Once the Rice grains are cooked, fluff and let the rice stand for few minutes. Now add ghee Roated few Makhana in the Pulav (Note: You have to add these Makhana in the Pulav only at the end because they will got soggy and taste will not good, Place them on Pulav when you are serving it.)
10. Serve Hot with any Daal or Raita or you can simply have this Pulav Only...I am serving this Pulav with Daal Hariyali..