Dhokla is a snack originating from Gujarat, India.... The Main ingredient is Chickpea flour and Rawa also! I love hid soft and spongy sandwich Dhokla with the amazing taste of Green chutney!!!
Its just soo mouthwatering that you will keep on eating them one by one....with the step by step recipe of this easy Sandwich Dhokla Recipe, You can make them within a few minutes...make batter pour it, steam it and you are done :)
"Das Khaman House", An Amazing place to have some great Dhokla in Ahmedabad city. They offer you with a variety of delicious khaman to dunk for. The one I personally love is the Curd Khaman and the Sev Khamani. One can really keep grabbing more and more. These Quick and easy to make Dhoklas are best enjoyed as a breakfast dish or even a late afternoon snack. A traditional Gujarati dish at festive meals. Deliciously sour. Dhoklas are a favorite Gujarati snack. As they are steamed, they are healthier than most other snacks. Snacks don't always have to be fat traps!
1 cup Besan (Chickpea flour/gram flour)
2 tbsp Rava (Sooji)
1/2 tsp Eno Fruit salt
Salt to Taste
2 tbsp Sugar
2 tsp Baking soda
2 cups Rava (semolina)
1/2 cup Sour curd or buttermilk
1/2 cup chopped coriander
1 tsp Green chili paste
1 tsp Soda Bicarb
2 Tbsp oil
Salt - to taste
2 cups water (Use only 11/2 cup if you have used buttermilk instead of curd).
FOR GREEN CHUTNEY
Mint leaves few
2 Green chilies
2 cloves of garlic
Lime 2 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Prepare Green chutney by blending all the Ingredients in a mixer and keep it aside.
2. Prepare two batters by mixing the ingredients of Yellow Dhokla and white Dhokla (except fruit salt) in separate bowls.
4. Grease a deep flat bottomed vessel (Thali) with oil. Make sure the vessel can fit into the steamer.
5. Take some hot water in a cup, add 1/2 tsp oil and the baking soda, pour it into the Bowl of yellow batter and stir well till froth appears. This ensures the Dhokla becomes soft and fluffy.
6. Then spread the green chutney over it and pour the white batter over it by repeating the same process as with the yellow batter and steam for 10 min. Allow it to cool.
7. Cut square shapes or shapes like Diamonds and serve hot. I love to temper it with Mustard seeds, Green Chili, Curry leaves!
Absolutely loving this easy sandwich dhokla...beautifully explained...would definitely try itReplyDelete