Garlic and herbs are always my favorite in any forms, whether in breads, or Naan. when the theme came for bloghop as a #Flatbread recipes, I was cleared from my mind that I am gonna make this flatbread. As because of lockdown or self quarantine time, everyone is at home, and in every 2 hours they ask us to eat anything. The question is "Kuch khane ko hai kya?"Even though they knows that one container is full with snacks, cookies and everything what they like, still they want to ask this question.
Yes, its fun too to make some instant or fresh snacks, when it comes to kids favorite, but when it comes to husbands choice, its a long process. We do take dinner light these days, but yes in snack time we are trying different recipes. Last time we made dhokla, this time we made this mixed herbs Flatbread. you will definitely love to make it, it was very light and tasty, check out the recipe below and enjoy the quarantine time ..hehe :)
1 packet active dry yeast
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp mixed herbs
3/4 tsp sea salt
1 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 Tbsp olive oil (plus more for coating bowl)
3/4 cup warm water
1. To a large mixing bowl, add yeast, garlic, herbs, sea salt, all-purpose flour, and whisk.
Make a well in the dry ingredients and add olive oil and two-thirds of the warm water to start, Stir with a wooden spoon to mix. Add more water as needed until a dough forms.
2. Transfer to a clean, well-floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 2 minutes, adding more flour as needed to prevent sticking.
3. Wipe out mixing bowl and add a bit of oil. Roll dough, Cover with a damp towel or plastic wrap. Set in a warm place to rise for 1 hour.
4. Once doubled in size, roll the dough in the flat rectangle shape. arrange on a clean surface, and lay a damp towel on top. Let rest.
5. Lightly grease preheated oven tray and lay down flatbread. sprinkle some more mixed herbs and cover the bread with some garlic butter. And bake it on 170 degree C for 15-20 minutes.
Enjoy it with cheese spread or ketchup.