Monday 13 April 2020

Chai Masala




Chai Masala powder along with chai and whole spices

I love to start my morning with a cup of Coffee but since 5-6 months I started having tea. (Not in the morning) But in my life I never had tea, but started to have it since 5-6 months. It is a tradition, a culture to have tea first thing in the morning in most parts of India. I started with saffron tea, later slowly slowly its like in this lock down days, I am trying to make tea almost everyday. I tried to make chai masala. Here, on the occasion of new foodiemonday bloghop event we came with #Masalarecipes. I chose to make Chai masala and the recipe is really easy.

Many types of tea people do try to make, like Ginger tea, cardamom tea, Masala tea, saffron tea. here in doha it called Karak tea with all these flavors.

My favorite is Cardamom ginger tea. To enjoy a perfect Chai, you definitely need a good Chai Masala Powder. So, here I share the detailed recipe to make the best homemade tea masala.

My mom used to make Chai Masala and store it in an air tight container and add a little to in tea. Having freshly made chai masala definitely enhances the flavor. It is very easy to make and hardly takes any time.



By adding ginger and this masala makes any tea perfect!! Try this recipe, you will not buy the tea masala from outside, and would love to store it for the enjoyment of tea. check out the recipe below and enjoy the hot sip.




This theme was suggested by Preethi prasad dee.

Check her blog here: Http://Preethicuisine.com





Ingredients

1/4 cup Cloves (Laung)
1/4 cup Green Cardamom (Elaichi)
1/4 cup Black Peppercorns
1 tbsp Fennel Seeds (Saunf)
6 inch Cinnamon (Dalchini)
2 tbsp Ginger powder
1 Nutmeg  grated
3 Star anise

Method:

Mix all the ingredients (except Nutmeg) in a blender and blend to make a coarse powder. Grate the nutmeg in the powder.

Store in an airtight container for up to a month.

Use 1/4 tsp of this powder for each cup of chai. and you will love it.




7 comments:

  1. Beautiful click, Waagmi!
    I started adding masala to chai, growing up in Ahmedabad, and fell in love with it. Your chai masala sounds absolutely flavourful and refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drink neither coffee or tea, but I make both at home. Your homemade Chai Masala is being bookmarked to try for the family ! such a brilliant capture..

    ReplyDelete
  3. The click is so amazing. I have never tried chai masala before but my mom makes it often. Would love to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. chai with masala is a comforting treat especially when suffering from cold and cough. wonderful shot and share.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous click and chai masala looks so flavorful. I always drink coffee but my hubby loves Tea. Should try this masala for him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our carefully curated blend of aromatic spices will transform your regular cup of tea into a delightful sensory experience. Indulge in the rich aroma of cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, and other traditional spices, perfectly balanced to enhance the natural flavours of tea. Whether you prefer black tea, green tea, or herbal infusions, our order online
    will add a touch of warmth and complexity to your daily tea ritual.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you love to eat panipuri, then you should make it at home. With PCM Masale’s ORDER ONLINE
    , it has become easier to make panipuri at home. Our unique blenc of spices perfectly complements the tangy and refreshing flavors of this beloved street food. Made with carefully selected ingredients, this masala delivers an explosion of flavors that will leave you craving for more.

    ReplyDelete