Whole-grain whole wheat flour is a full-flavored flour containing vitamins, minerals and protein. Whole-grain whole wheat flour is more nutritious than refined white flour, although white flour may, in a process called food fortification, have some micro nutrients lost in processing added back to the white flour. Fortified white flour does not, however, contain the macro-nutrients of the wheat's bran and germ like whole-grain flour does, and is notably lacking in fiber. Whole grain is a good source of calcium, iron, fiber, and other minerals like selenium.
Often, whole wheat flour is not the main ingredient in baked goods, as it may add a certain "heaviness" that prevents them from rising as high as white flours. So that we need to add some another nutritious flours in this Bread..So adding Ragi, Sorghum and Oats in this spicy Masala Bread and named it Multigrain Masala Bread....Sounds hottt ;) Its a change that you enjoy Bread loafs in bit spicy flavor too...I enjoyed this freshly baked Masala Bread tonight with some cream cheese spread on the top of the bread slice and I can't tell you how much soft and tasty this bread was. What else can you make with this spicy and soft Masala bread?? I like to serve it simply with some cheese spreads or by making simple sandwich with some veggies or with mustard sauce. I was enjoying the whole preparation hours when I was making this bread, Since Today weather was not at my side, It was so cloudy weather today, and in a cloudy weather it is bit tough to get a nice result with bread...For proving the Bread loaf, warm place is must...So I preheated the oven for just 2 minutes and the it was quite warm...Placed the Bread Bowl in the oven and it risen up very nicely in half an hour...That result is very important for any bread baking process. I love the look of this Bread...It looks so colorful with spices and with some sprinkled oats...So combo was amazing and hit. So next, when you wants to try your hand in any bread recipe, this will be healthy and easy too...Check out the step by step recipe below and enjoyyy the healthiness with baking :)
This is our 30th #foodiemonday #bloghop Event, And the good news is that we are now 10 members with this bloghop group...A warm welcome to Shibani Hota, and Saswat hota to our #foodiemonday group and we are so proud to have you both in our team. We hope you guys will also enjoy the journey as we do and We will also learn many more outstanding food stuffs from you guys too :) So, this time our theme is #Microwave or #Oven Recipes...It can be Microwave Cooking, or Grilling, or Baking anything...I chose Baking for this event and I enjoy baking stuffs in my OTG...So tried my hands in this Multigrain Masala Bread, hope you guys love the recipe and if so, do let me know by inserting comment below, Enjoyyy!!! :)
13/4 Cup Wheat Flour
2 tbsp Sorghum Flour (jowar atta)
1 tsp Ragi Flour
2 Tbsp Crushed Oats
1 Tbsp Clarified Butter (Ghee)
Roasted Cumin seeds powder as needed
2 Tbsp chili ginger paste
Red chili powder as needed
Oats for to sprinkle on top of the bread
1 tsp Active dry yeast (you can take Fresh yeast too)
1 Tbsp Sugar
100 ml warm water
50 ml milk
Salt to taste
Lets Activate the Yeast first :
1. Take a bowl with warm water and add active dry yeast with sugar and mix it well and cove rit with lid. put it aside for 10 minutes.
3. Take a big Bowl and place all the Flours (Wheat Flour + Ragi + Sorghum + Crushed Oats) and add yeast water gradually in the flour mix and salt, Roasted Cumin seeds powder and Milk. Now mix them all well and make a soft dough.
4. Let's put this dough in another Oil greased Bowl for first proving. Cover it with lid and put it in a warm place for an hour. You can see the Dough is double before we put it for proving.
5. Now, Take it out from the bowl and punch the dough with your hands and cut the dough in few pieces...Now sprinkle roasted cumin seeds powder, red chili powder, Ginger Chili paste and mix the pieces and again make a dough...
6. Place this dough in a round cake pan and sprinkle all this spices again on the top and sprinkle some oats too on the top...Now this Pan will go for second proving at least for 30 minutes. you can see nice risen bread dough in the pan.
7. Now Bake this Bread loaf in preheated Oven for 25 minutes at 180 degree C.
Trust me you will enjoy the aroma of spices when it is getting baked in Oven.....Enjoyyyy this super healthy and spongy and soft Multigrain Masala Bread.
Note: To make a bread, Fresh yeast gives more better result, I could not find fresh yeast here in hurry, So used Dry yeast, If you have fresh yeast I suggest use it.
excellent healthy breadReplyDelete
Thank you so much dear Vaani :)Delete
delicious and healthy bread:)ReplyDelete
Thank you dear shubha :)Delete
Superb share.. I'll try this for sureReplyDelete
Thank you dear Rupal... Do try it quite easy to make itDelete