Thursday 31 March 2016

Kacche Aam ki launji - Raw mango Launji



Kacche Aam ki Launji (Raw Mango Launji) , The most famous Traditional recipe from Rajsthan, Sweet and Tangy taste of this delicious curry....There are so many varieties made from raw mango...But this is one of my favorite. There are so many lovely memories with this Aam ki launji. This super tasty and tangy recipe, is outstanding...!!!

When I was kid, I used to have this at my Nani's home, when we went to spend our vacations there. she used to make like a big pot of Aam ki launji...and we all kids loved to have that with simple Paratha or with Puris...In a vacations, Obviously all the kids used to do few things for sure, To play, To eat and not to listen anything which is related to study ;) Lol...I was one of them...When we are so hungry, we used to go to the kitchen, Spooned loads of launji in our plate, And yes, We used to take only one plate and we were 5 kids... 5 Parathas in just a minute....Vanish...Zip zap zooom.....hahahah....I never ever studied in my vacations, though my friends used to refer some of their books before the opening of school...Mmmm....I hate that....I was like, Vacation means Vacation, why study in vacation??? I used to play a badminton a lot, Ohhh I am missing it....I am sure I am again going to be a kid when Prisha will grow up and will do the same things which her mother did ;) and I am all the way with her in her every mischief. Watch out Himanshu ;) Whether You can join us or....Rest you know ;) Lol....!!!!

My mother's recipe of Aam ki launji is slighlty different, She used to add kalaunji in her launji recipe, and yes fennel seeds and fenugreek seeds too....Fenugreek seeds are important in this recipe to add, Because of that the taste of launji is bit different from others....I am adding dates too...I have tasted this dates launji at my sister in law's place, and I love that taste...So here in this recipe I am adding dates, You can simply avoid it... And yes Mustard Oil plays a very important role in this recipe...If you have this Oil, I will suggest you to use this only....Difference of taste you can understand...So Check out the another step by step Rajsthani Recipe, All the way from Rajsthan ;)




Ingredients:

3 Raw Mangoes
1/2 Tbsp Mustard Oil (You can use Normal cooking oil too)
Pinch of Asafoetida
1 Cup Jaggery
1/4 Cup Dates
1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
1/4 tsp Fennel seeds
1/4 tsp Coriander Seeds
1/4 tsp Fenugreek seeds
1/4 tsp Nigella seeds (Kalaunji)
1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
1/4 tsp Red chili Powder
Salt to Taste

Method: 

1. Cut the Mangoes into big slice. Heat a pan with Mustard Oil, and add Mustard seeds, Fennel seeds, and Coriander seeds, Asafoetida, and Nigella seeds. After the seeds splutter, add the sliced mangoes to it.





2. Add Jaggery and simmer the mango pieces for 10-15 minutes till the pieces of Mango become soft and the gravy becomes thick. Add turmeric powder, and Red chili powder and mix well. This can be served hot as well as refrigerated and used over the week.




Note: You can always use Sugar instead of Jaggery, But we always use Jaggery in this recipe!!!

Enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



3 comments: