Friday 31 July 2015

Orange Swirl Cookies




I was looking for a cookie recipe these days – something sophisticated. Aside from the piping, this is an extremely easy recipe to make. I would recommend refrigerating the cookies after they are piped and before baking. I did not do this and the nice little piping edges shown in the cookbook picture smeared together in baking. If they are refrigerated before baking, I think the edges will have a better chance of surviving.

This recipe makes really buttery, almost melt in your mouth biscuits! Apparently the mixture is good to pipe any shape with but I’d be careful about the nozzle shape as it will create too much pressure and burst your bag!! I've been umming and ahhing about whether to post recipes on here or not. There are lots of blogs and webpages with some really great recipes by cooks and chefs that are far more talented than I am. These are the very similar to Viennese Finger cookies but I am using Orange Flavor and Food color in to this, As you all know I always do twists in my recipes :)

Everyone will love these cookies. They have a crisp texture that melts in your mouth. I do wish I had had more to share. The cookies are very, very delicate. A few broke when moving them from the baking sheet to the cooling rack. I made a double batch, So I did have enough for everyone. These Swirl Cookies are one of my biscuit weaknesses and always remind me of  biscuits you get when having people you want to impress round.  I had a craving this weekend and no hubby to mind the kids whilst I popped out, So decided to make some.


I have to say I was impressed with the taste of the biscuit. It really worked. For these Mouthwatering cookies you will need....


Ingredients

175g unsalted butter, softened
75g icing sugar
225g All purpose Flour
Orange essence
2 drops orange Food color
Milk as required

Method:

1) Beat the butter until really soft, then add the sugar and beat again until light and fluffy.





2) Add the flour and Orange essence and food color then add milk to make a fairly firm dough, then spoon the mixture into a piping bag.







3) Cover a couple of baking sheets with non-stick baking parchment and pipe fingers, spaced well apart. Bake at gas mark 170ºC for about 15 minutes until pale golden brown, then set aside to cool.






Super Easyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!! And Really Yummmyyy!!!!

Enjoyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!



2 comments: