Paneer is a fresh cheese common in south asian cuisine. it is of Indian origin often referred in the vedas dating back to 6000 BCE. in eastern parts of india, it is generally called chhena. It is an unaged, acid-set, non-melting farmer cheese or curd cheese made by curdling heated milk with lemon juice, vinegar, or any other food acids.
For all those who do not know…. paneer is called as cottage cheese. it is an indian cheese where the milk is coagulated by adding a food acid. it is not a fermented or cured product like other cheeses. the coagulated milk shreds are collected in a muslin and allowed to be hung or pressed with a heavy weight. after cooling you get a block of cottage cheese which can be used for making a variety of dishes. This is a recipe which is Full of colors and nutrition...Its a perfect dish for kiddo party or for any party as a starter... I personally like this colorful cubes, The bell peppers enhance the magic of this dish and give a hands on a plate. Kids who dont like veggies, Their mom can make this easily and feed them full nutrition by Paneer, veggies and lots of vitamins and proteins included them.
You Can serve this in any party as a starter and Can have round of applaud with magical paneer Cubes :). Lets Jump in to the recipe and serve them :)
1 litre Full Fat Milk
1/2 tsp Citric Acid
1 Tbsp Green Capsicum, finely chopped
1 Tbsp Yellow Capsicum, finely chopped
1 Tbsp Red Capsicum, finely chopped
1/2 Tbsp Onion, finely chopped
1/4 tsp Green Chili, finely chopped
1. boil milk.
2. In a small Bowl take 3 Tbsp of water and add 1/2 tsp of Citric Acid, make it mild.
3. when the milk starts boiling, add this mild water of citric acid.
4. as soon the milk completely curdles, remove from fire.
strainer, drain the whey.
6. collect the veggies together with the coagulated milk shreds tightly.
7. place it on any rectangle plastic box and let it to be cool for 2 hours.
8. check after 2 hours, the cube will firm nicely.
9. Take out that cube from the box and make 4 pieces.
11. Then apply Ketch up on every side of cubes, and cover them by granules of granola bars or you can cover them by cheese flakes also.
12. Garnish with bell peppers slices.
Wow Superb recipe dear ...ReplyDelete
Thank you so much dear +Meera GirdharDelete