Punjabi Dum Aloo recipe is the most popular north Indian potato curry recipe, simply cooked with potatoes and creamy based kasuri methi flavored gravy..Potato/Aloo is one of my family favorite vegetable. Potato is one quick cooking veg and anything with potato will be a hit with kids n adults too. A week back bought baby potatoes mainly to make this creamy, spicy n delicious Dum Aloo. There are lots of version for this popular. The process n preparation might look as difficult but its really so simple and easy to make. This Dum Aloo goes well with Naan, Phulkas, Chapathi n also with some mild Pulao.
Baby Potato (Peel boiled and prick them with a fork) – 15 small
Finely Chopped Onion – 1 large
Thick Curd or Dahi – 3/4 cup
Bay Leaf or Tej Patta – 2 nos.
A Pinch Hing -
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tbsp
Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tbsp
Garlic-Ginger Paste – 1 tbsp
Coriander Seeds – 1 tbsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tbsp
Green Cardamom – 1 pod
Cinnaman or Dal Chini – 1 nos.
Cloves – 4 nos.
Cashew – 8-10 nos.
Kasoori Methi – 1/2 tbsp
Sugar (Optional) – 1 tbsp
Oil for frying
Finely Chopped Coriander leaves – 2-3 tbsp
Salt as per taste -
1. Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add boiled potatoes.
2. Shallow fry it till they turns little golden brown and keep aside.
3. In a grinder, add coriander seeds, cumin seeds, cardamom pod, cinnamon stick, cloves and cashew nuts grind it and keep aside.
4. Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame, add a pinch of Asafoetida and saute for 8-10 seconds.
Add bay leaves and onion.
5. Fry it till onion turns light golden brown. Add ginger garlic paste and kaju paste, saute for 30 seconds.
6. Add dry powder and mix well. In a bowl, beat curd and slowly add it in pan.
7. Add turmeric powder and red chill powder, mix well. Stir continuously until oil starts to separate.
8. Add shallow fried potatoes, kasuri methi, sugar and salt, cook for 2 minutes.
9. Add water and bring it to boil.
10. When it starts to boil, cook covered on low flame until you get the desired consistency of gravy.
Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot Punjabi Dum Aloo with Rice or Paratha or Roti.
Looks very delicious and tempting dear:)ReplyDelete
Hope to see you sometime soon in my space...www.masalakorb.com
I visit your post. And I like it. plz keep continue.Thanks!!ReplyDelete
Chowringhee Laxmi Nagar Menu