Bread Upma is A tasty snack that is easy to make With great taste..if you are bored having some usual snacked... Then Bread Upma is the perfect idea for having it.... For a twist and to make it healthy I am using Brown bread here...so it becomes healthy and tempting....
6-8 slices Brown Bread
1 medium Onion (chopped)
2 Green Chillies (chopped)
1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
A pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
4 tbsp Oil
1 tsp Lemon Juice
2 tbsp Fresh Coriander Leaves (chopped)
1. Cut the bread slices into small cubes without crumbling them.
2. In a wok (kadhai) heat oil and add a pinch of asafoetida, cumin seeds and mustard seeds and cook till it starts to splutter.
4. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and mix well. Toss in the bread and mix again without breaking them.
5. Cook for 2 minutes. You can add a little water to it if required.
6. Add lemon juice, green chillies and coriander leaves and toss.
delicious! perfect quick recipe. also useful when one has leftover bread!ReplyDelete
Thank you +Anu NagarajaDelete
Delicious way to make use of left over bread!!ReplyDelete
Thank you Honey!!!Delete
Wow Waagmi! This is exactly the same thing, my mom used to prepare with a different name. We call it Bread Poha! Your Bread Upma looks super inviting. :-)ReplyDelete
you are welcome swthrt!!! Invited!!! :)Delete