Besan Gatte ki curry is the typical Rajsthani curry which is the most popular in Rajsthan and nowadays its popular all over in India. It’s an integral part of Rajsthani Thali. This curry is made with chickpea flour dumplings and the gravy is made with yogurt.
This Curry is the perfect in lunch and in dinner too. You can serve it with paratha or simply with roti too. Thats a favorite curry at my place, specially its my father’s favorite one.
For Now, Being at my mother’s place, I am enjoying all my childhood memories and loads of Mommies handmade food. I am surely going to gain weight, But at the same time You cant avoid this much delicious food which is made by mother with lots of love and blessings. I found myself so lucky to enjoy the each and every moment when I am at home. Prisha is equally a lucky one to get all the love and blessings from her grandparents. There are lots of things going on these days, Hence I am off from social platforms nowadays, not using them so much. But enjoying the rain in the city, The food is awesome, so many new restaurants and new food to enjoy.
This is our 51th #foodiemonday #Bloghop event and we guys have decided to work on a theme with different #curries. And so I have decided to go with rajsthani besan gatte ki curry. So you guys check out the recipe of this delicious curry and enjoy it in your lunch or dinner.
How to make Besan Gatte:
1 Cup Besan (Gram Flour)
2 Tbsp Yogurt
Pinch of Hing
¼ tsp Baking soda
½ tsp fennel seeds, coarsely grinded
½ tsp Carom seeds
Salt to taste
½ tsp Red chili powder
½ tsp Turmeric powder
2 tbsp Oil
11/2 Tbsp Oil
1 Medium Onion
1 Medium Tomato, Chopped
3-4 Garlic cloves
1 Green chili
½ inch ginger
1 tsp Coriander powder
½ tsp Red chili Powder
¼ tsp Garam Masala
1/4 tsp Fenugreek leaves
Salt to taste
Take a bowl and add all the ingredients to make Besan gatte including Yogurt.
2. Now add some water and knead stiff dough. When you make this dough take care of adding water as gram flour absorb water very quickly and your dough can be extra soft.
3. Now divide the dough into the several parts. Roll each part in the cylindrical rolls, In the meanwhile when you making these rolls put 3 to 4 Cup of water in large pan and place these rolls in the boiling water and boil these rolls.
4. Once they got boiled take them out from the pan and after they cool down cut them in pieces. Separate the water in different bowl, we will use it in making curry.
5. Now to make gravy make a fine paste of ginger, garlic and onions, and green chilli, and beat the Curd with beater.
Heat the pan with oil, and add cumin seeds, when it starts to crackle add the onion paste in it and cook it well. The add some chopped tomatoes and cook it for 2-3 minutes.
Now add all the spices and cook for another minute. Simmer the gas and add yogurt in it, stir it well until the Oil separates from the gravy. Now add Gatta water which we separated earlier, and add cut gatta pieces in it and cook it on low flame for 8-10 minutes. Then at the end add the dry fenugreek leaves. And cook for another minute.
9. Transfer the curry to a serving bowl and garnish it with coriander leaves and serve it with parathas or simply with roti.
Enjoyyyyy the flavors!!!!