Paneer Lababdar is one more famous Punjabi main course dish. Paneer (Indian cottage cheese is cooked in a rich and creamy gravy of onion, tomatoes, milk, cream and spices.)
The word Lababdar truly means this recipe as it is an extremely delicious and non-stop eating dish. Paneer Lababdar is ever-green dish and one more best choice to serve in lunch or dinner.
500 gms malai paneer (cottage cheese)
1 capsicum, diced (optional)
1/2 tsp carom seeds
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
2 onions chopped
5 tomatoes pureed
2 dried whole kashmiri red chillies (broken in bits)
4 green chillies chopped
1 tsp garlic paste
1/2 tsp sesame seeds (white til)
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp fresh cream
1 tsp unsalted butter
1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
3/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
2 tsp oil
Fresh Coriander chopped
Few mint leaves chopped
1/2 tsp ginger shredded
Salt to taste
1. Cut the paneer in small cubes and keep aside.
2. Roast the sesame seeds and grind to make a powder.
3. Heat the oil in a pan and add carom and cumin seeds. Allow to crackle.
4. Now add green chillies and garlic paste. Saute well to take out the raw flavor of garlic.
5. Add chopped onions and salt.
6. Cook the onions until looks transparent. (It will take about 3 minutes).
7. Now add puree of tomatoes, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and cardamom powder.
8. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the oil separates and the gravy becomes thick. Stir in diced capsicum.
9. Now add milk and grounded sesame seeds. Stir continue to mix well.
10. Wait for few boils and add cubes of paneer.
11. Also add garam masala powder. Mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes.
12. Mash the dried fenugreek leaves with your hands and add into the gravy.
13. Mix the fresh cream and leave to cook on low flame.
14. On the other gas stove heat a sauce pan and melt the butter in it.
15. Add dried kashmiri red chillies and pour into the gravy.
16. Do not mix much at this moment.
Just garnish with fresh Coriander, mint leaves and shredded ginger.
Serve how with tandoori roti, naan, paratha or kulcha.
Enjoyyy the Punjabi Taste!!!