Dahi Vada, A very popular and all time favorite snack food which is so so delicious and mouthwatering. I am a diehard fan of Dahi Vada or Dahi bhalla, I mean every indian love to have this Dahi vada...That delicious Tamarind chutney, hint of chili powder, Loads of beaten Yogurt, Ohhh Hence, My Dahi Vadas are over but still I can feel that taste in my mouth...Feeling like Did I make a less Quanity of them?? Or I should soak more Urad dal to make more batches of these Vadas. Well, Though I made 2 plates each for me and Himanshu...small one for Prisha....But the measurement went wrong, Prisha had big wh
The hot deep fried vadas are first put in water and then transferred to thick beaten yogurt. For best results, the Vadas are soaked for at least a couple of hours before serving. To add more flavor, they may be topped with coriander or mint leaves, chili powder, crushed black pepper, chaat masala, cumin, shredded coconut, green chilis or boondi. Sweeter curd is preferred in some places in India, especially in Maharashtra and Gujarat, although the garnishing remains the same. A combination of coriander and tamarind chutneys are often used as garnishments in addition to those mentioned above.
Many times it happens like I crave for these Dahi vada, Here's the one Restaurant in Doha called Zaffran...I love Dahi Vada of this place...You will love it like heaven. Whenever I visit that place I make sure to have atleast one plate of this Dahi Vada, Well sometimes Two too ;) This time decided to make it at home and here's the dream come true ;) A super tempting, Delicious and mouthwatering Dahi Vada recipe is here for all of you...This recipe is inspired by Tarala Dala's Recipe, So tried to make it by her way..And it comes out very well !!! So, You guys check out the step bye step recipe below and Enjooooooooooooyyyy the heaven ;) !!!!!!!!!!!!!
For the Vadas
1/2 cup Urad dal, soaked for 4 hours
1/4 tsp Soda
salt to taste
1. Wash and drain the urad dal.
2. Grind together the urad dal, and salt in a mixer or food processor to a coarse paste.
3. Add the soda to the urad dal paste and mix well till the batter is light and fluffy. Add a little water if required.
4. Wet your hands and take 2 tablespoons of the batter on your palm and shape into a circle, Deep fry in hot oil on a slow flame till the Vadas are golden brown for about 10 minutes.
5. Drain on absorbent paper.
For Tamarind Chutney:
200 gms dates
100 gms Tamarind
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp roasted cumin seeds powder
1/4 tsp black salt
salt to taste
1. Remove seeds from the dates and tamarind, wash and add water. Leave for an hours then Cook it for 5 minutes. Thereafter, blend in a liquidizer and strain.
2. Add the chili powder, cumin seed powder and salt. Mix well.
Assemble dahi Vada
1. Soak the deep fried Vadas in water for about 45 minutes.
2. Just before serving, drain and squeeze out the excess water.
3. Arrange the Vadas on a serving dish and top with beaten curd. Garnish with chilli powder, cumin seed powder and Black salt, Chaat masala and serve with tamarind chutney.
delicious and it presentation is too good:)ReplyDelete