International Women’s Day is celebrated on March 8 worldwide, commemorating the political, social and economic achievements of women. Over the decades, the objective of Women’s Day celebration has evolved and embraced culture and ethnicity to emerge as a celebration of appreciation, respect and love towards women. Women’s Day is also celebrated in schools nowadays and also forms an integral part of the curriculum to spread the awareness of women empowerment, their roles and achievements. Being a women this time I want to celebrate this day only for me. Yes, The day I want to celebrate only for me, Not dedicating this day to anyone else but me. As a women we are dedicated to our family and always been responsible to the family. But somehow we should enjoy our self too to know what are the emotions and feelings inside us, what we want to do in our life, because everyone used to say that we have only one life, so live it fullest. We women are also one of them who must have that right to live our life the way we want. Me, as a women, as a wife, as a mother, I can say that I am doing my 100% for my family and the responsibility which I got to take care of my family, My daughter and everyone belongs to the family, is the most tough and 24*7 work. A women is a multi tasker, she can do many work in one time and though she can manage to pursue her career in a very good way. I am also working for my work, working for my family, And I am proud of myself that I can do this multitask without fail. Do respect yourself, your work, your thought, and have faith in you. If you are following these things you will be never fail.
Woman – the power to create, nurture and transform! The word ‘woman’ conjures up the images of selfless love, care and affection. At the same time, women ignite the spirit of power and hope. Unfortunately, across the world, women had to fight for their independence and protection of rights. Since decades, women had struggled and are still fighting to express their right to speech, to vote, to equality, to education, to income and most importantly, to freedom.
So for this beautiful dedication of this post for me, I am serving this beautiful dessert for me on this Proud day of "International Women's day" As our Foodimonday Team decided to post the recipe for women's special. I am sweet lover, Any dessert you will ask me to have, it will be 99% I am going to have it ;) I love Strawberries and the combination of Cream and Strawberry is divine. This is the perfect and beautiful looking dessert for me and my family to enjoy. Another thing I love about this dessert is that it really highlights the flavor of the fruit. It’s 100% all-natural. No artificial colors or flavors. It’s not quite as rich as ice cream, or as sweet. Normally I make this dessert when fresh fruit is plentiful during the summer and fall.
The strawberries turn this a lovely shade of pink and looks gorgeous layered into pretty dessert glasses with strawberry sauce. I add just enough sugar to sweeten it up, plus a little pure vanilla extract. I have used fresh strawberries for this dessert, you can use Frozen too if you dont get them fresh. So enjoy this amazing dessert on this women's day and feel special. :) Check out the recipe below and Enjoyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 cup heavy cream, chilled
2 cups fresh strawberries
1-2 Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
a few strawberries, sliced, for garnish
1. Place chilled heavy cream in a large mixing bowl, or the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat until light and fluffy, being careful not to overheat.
2. Set aside or chill until ready to use. (You might need to whisk it or beat it again for a few seconds if you don't use it right away and it separates.)
3. Place strawberries in a glass. Sprinkle with sugar and add vanilla extract. Mash the strawberries, leaving some larger pieces. Let stand for a few minutes.
4. Add about half of the mashed strawberries to the whipped cream, folding with a large silicone spatula. Reserve the remaining strawberries to use when serving.
5. Spoon some of the cream into four serving glasses or dishes, top with some of the remaining mashed strawberries, and another spoonful or two of the cream and a few sliced strawberries. Serve immediately, or place in fridge to chill until ready to serve.