We all know that eating right can help you maintain a healthy weight and avoid certain health problems, but your diet can also have a profound effect on your mood and sense of well being. Eating more fresh fruits and vegetables, cooking meals at home, and reducing your intake of sugar and refined carbohydrates, on the other hand, may help to improve mood and lower your risk for mental health problems. If you have already been diagnosed with a mental health problem, eating well can even help to manage your symptoms and regain control of your life.
Eating foods high in dietary fiber can help you stay regular, lower your risk for heart disease, stroke, and diabetes, and help you lose weight. Depending on your age and gender, nutrition experts recommend you eat at least 21 to 38 grams of fiber per day for optimal health. Many of us aren't eating half that amount.
Spinach is available all year round but is in season during the spring. Here in Qatar, its not so easy to find Green vegetables (Specially leafy veggies) of your choice, But when I get it I grab it...Spinach is well known for its nutritional qualities and has always been regarded as a plant with remarkable abilities to restore energy, increase vitality and improve the quality of the blood. There are sound reasons why spinach would produce such results, primarily the fact that it is rich in iron. Gram flour contains a high proportion of carbohydrates, no gluten, and a higher proportion of protein than other flours. And the Combination of Gram flour and Yogurt with the addition of Spinach makes your meal perfectly Complete and so so Healthy!! Isn't it?
Kadhi is a spicy dish whose thick gravy is based on Gram flour (Besan) and contains vegetable fritters called Pakoras, to which sour yogurt is added to give it little sour taste. Some people make plain kadhi also without Pakoras..Here I am using Spinach also to make this healthy and delicious Kadhi in my dinner tonight. But adding a good amount of fiber is also essential in our regular diet, So what else can we make in the combination of Khichdi and kadhi??? So to increase a quantity of fiber in our body, I tried to make Whole Green Moong khichdi with this delicious kadhi...The combination is outstanding...Because Whole Moong is a full of high in fiber and good source to reduce a weight. So If you want to enjoy some healthy meal in your lunch or dinner, Try this yummy healthy Low in calori and delicious Palak ki kadhi with Whole Moong ki khichdi....Check out the step by step recipe below and Enjoyyyyyyyyyy your Healthy Meal!!!!
How to make Rice Dumplings
1 Cup Cooked Rice
1 Tbsp Chopped Onions
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp Red chili Powder
1 Tbsp Gram Flour (Besan)
How to make Palak Kadhi
1 Tbsp Gram Flour (Besan)
2 Cup Yogurt (Dahi)
2 Tbsp Oil
1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
2 No Cloves
Small Cinnamon stick
1/4 tsp Whole Coriander Seeds
2-3 Dry Red Chilies
1/4 tsp Green chilies, Chopped
1 tsp Garlic, Paste
1 Cup Spinach, Chopped
Pinch Turmeric Powder
1/4 tsp Coriander Powder
1/4 tsp Red chili Powder
Salt to Taste
1 Tbsp Coriander Leaves, Chopped for garnishing
For Rice Dumplings
1. Take a Bowl and place Cooked Rice in it and add all the spices and Onions with Gram Flour.
3. Now Heat a skillet and place these dumplings on this and shallow fry them.
4. Take out from the skillet and put them on a tissue paper.
1. Take a Big Bowl, Mix Yogurt and Besan together, Make sure there are no lumps in it. and add water to the desired consistency of Kadhi.
2. Now Heat a deep pan with Oil, and add Cloves and Cinnamon stick, and Cumin seeds in it. After the seeds get crackled add Whole coriander Seeds, Red Dry chilies and cook for few seconds. Now add chopped Green chilies, and garlic paste..Cook this paste for a minute and finally add chopped spinach in it. add the remained spices (Turmeric powder, Coriander Powder, Red chili Powder).
3. Finally add the Gram flour and Yogurt mixture (kadhi mixture) in it and cook it for atleast 5 minutes.
4. Now take One plate and place Rice dumplings on it and Pour these Palak ki kadhi on it and garnish it with some Coriander Leaves!!!
Enjoyyyy this Yummy and healthy Kadhi in your lunch or Dinner meal.
How to Make Moong ki Khichdi (Whole Moong Khichdi)
1/2 Cup Green Moong Whole
1/4 Cup Basmati Rice
2 Tbsp Chana Daal (Bengal Gram Split)
2 Tbsp Moong ki daal (Green Gram Split)
1 Cup Vegetables, Chopped (Carrot, Potatoes and Green peas)
1 Tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter)
2 no Cloves
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
1 tsp turmeric Powder
1 tsp Red chili Powder
Salt to taste
1 Tbsp Coriander leaves, Chopped
1. Soak the Whole Moong, Basmati Rice, Chana Daal and Moong ki daal together in one Bowl with water for an hour.
2. Heat a Cooker with Ghee and add Cloves, Cumin seeds and Mustard seeds..let them splutter.
3. Now add all the vegetables and all the spices with salt and mix them well. (Note: You can take vegetables of your choice :))
3. Add Soaked and drained Moong khichdi mixture in it and let them cook until 3 whistle.
4. After 3 whistle, Turn off the gas and let the cooker to be cool and Serve this yummy, healthy and Moong ki khichdi with delicious Palak ki kadhi.
Post a Comment