Pasta is a staple food of traditional Italian cuisine. It is also commonly used to refer to the variety of pasta dishes. Typically, pasta is a noodle made from an unleavened dough of a durum wheat flour mixed with water and formed into sheets or various shapes, then cooked and served in any number of dishes. It can be made with flour from other cereals or grains, and eggs may be used instead of water. Pastas may be divided into two broad categories, dried pasta and fresh pasta.
Most dried pasta is commercially produced via an extrusion process. Fresh pasta was traditionally produced by hand, sometimes with the aid of simple machines, but today many varieties of fresh pasta are also commercially produced by large-scale machines, and the products are widely available in supermarkets.
Pasta is generally served with some type of sauce; the sauce and the type of pasta are usually matched based on consistency and ease of eating. Northern Italian cooking uses less tomato sauce, garlic and herbs. In Northern Italy white sauce is more common. However Italian cuisine is best identified by individual regions. Tomato sauces are also present in Southern Italian cuisine, where they originated. In Southern Italy more complex variations include pasta paired with fresh vegetables, olives, capers or seafood.
Well, I am a big big Fan of Italian food, I can have any Veg dish of Italian cuisine in lunch in dinner at anytime :) Specially White sauce is my Favorite, That taste takes me to heaven... Love it so so much. And When I was thinking to have something Tangy and tasty Pasta dish, My #foodiemonday #bloghop #foodbloggers decided to have our 6th #bloghop theme is #pasta and I was literally very happy to make this delicious Pasta very soon.... So here I am presenting pepperoni Pasta with Double sauce, The combination of Red and white Sauce... As I said I love white sauce but this time I thought that lets make both the sauces and merge them, Trust me the taste was awesome, That silky white sauce and some coarsely crushed tomato paste made these pasta sooooo Yummmmm!!!! so Indulge in this delicious and heavenly pasta ...
For this we will need:
1 1/2 cups cooked Penne Pasta (You can any Pasta of your choice)
2 cups blanched Tomatoes
1 Tbsp Dry Basil leaves
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup sliced onions
1 1/2 tsp finely chopped garlic
1 Cup Sliced Bell Peppers
1/2 cup tomato ketchup
1 tsp dried oregano
1 1/2 tsp red chili flakes (paprika)
1/2 tsp Black pepper
salt to taste
For White Sauce
1 tbsp butter
1 tsp finely chopped garlic
1 tbsp plain flour (All purpose flour)
2 cups milk
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp Black pepper
salt and freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) to taste
2 tbsp grated processed cheese
How to cook Perfect pasta
1. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. ... add 1 Tbsp Oil in it.
2. Add the pasta and stir occasionally to stop the pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pan. ...
3. Cook the pasta following packet directions or until al dente, which is Italian for "to the tooth".
1. Line up all the Ingredients.
Lets make First Both the sauces.
1. For red paste, Take a mixer jar and add Blanched Tomatoes and Dry basil leaves (Note: You can take Fresh basil leaves also, I could not find them here in Doha :(, So took Dry basil leaves) and garlic, crush them to the coarsely paste. Keep it aside.
3. Add the milk gradually and cook no a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till the sauce is thick, while stirring continuously.
4. Add the oregano, cheese, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
Your white Sauce is Ready. Mmmmm Yummm!!!
5. Now Take a Pan and heat it with Olive Oil and add Onions and sauté them, Now add Three color Bell peppers in it and Saute them with salt but keep them crunchy.
6. Now Add Tomato-basil Paste and again sauté it, add the seasoning.
7. Add White Sauce in it and also add Tomato Ketchup, mix with spatula and finally add Pasta in these mixture of Both the sauces and seasoning.
8. cook for a minute and add parsley in it. Take out in a Bowl and serve it immediately.
Garnish it with some Black Olives. Ohhhh, cant stop myself to have it on the spot. Love it :)
I love Pasta in any form.. Your pasta dish looks so yummy and delicious..ReplyDelete
Thank you so much dear seena!!Delete
Mmmm, pasta is such a brilliant dish for eating when you're in a hurry and hungry. Your white sauce with vegetables has to be tried :)ReplyDelete
Indeed dear Choclette!! Thank you so much dear!!Delete
All time favourite , pasta ... It is very well explained and looks fabReplyDelete
Thank you dear Parvathy !! :)Delete
I love pasta in any form and this looks so delicious and YmummyReplyDelete
Pasta is yummy .. can be served with so many variations.. BTW my post today is also spaghetti with pesto sauce.ReplyDelete
Yeah, I saw it and really liked it, So we have a same thought of making pastas in different forms :) Thank you dear shobha!!!Delete
Very appealing and colorful. I love pasta :)ReplyDelete
Thank you so much dear Shunmuga!Delete
You've made a very colorful pasta sauce. I love all the peppers.ReplyDelete
Thank you dear Lydia!!! :)Delete