You must have tried so many versions of Pizzas, Including this Bread Pizza too. But the best part of these Mini Bread Pizza bites is that, They are so easy, quick and instant. I mean when you think to serve pizza, and top of that you want to serve them as homemade??? Hmmm, quite fussy and long job. So why not to serve something easy yet yummy and delicious.
So yesterday Night dinner was with these cute and yummy Mini Bread Pizza bites. Prisha loved them a lot. She was telling I am not going to eat them, They will go to my tummy and they will be hurt ;) Well, The big thing was her paa feed her these pizza bites and she was sitting on his lap and enjoying them with ketch up. I actually loved that picture the way they both were enjoying the stuff. he is eating his pizza, in between feeding her also. yaa yaa, very rare set up I can see ;) But felt good by watching this. Meanwhile I baked 4 more bread slices to bake, as From his plate, two slices were already in my tummy ;) and quickly I baked that 4 slices and gave him. It was a very quick and instant Sunday dinner for us.
It was a wonderful theme selection from #Foodiemonday bloggers. We guys selected the #Bitesizedfood theme this time for our 79th bloghop event. and This is my contribution of Mini Bread Pizza bites, which is perfect for any party or as we enjoyed them in our dinner. you can give them in your kid's lunch box too. Check out the recipe below and Enjoyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6 round bread slices, lightly buttered
6 tbsp grated processed cheese or Mozzarella cheese
For The Pizza Sauce
1/2 cup blanched, peeled and chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
2 bay leaves
4 black peppercorns
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
1 tsp finely chopped garlic
1/2 cup finely chopped capsicum
2 tbsp tomato puree
1/4 cup tomato ketchup
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp dry red chili flakes
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp dried oregano
2 tbsp finely chopped basil
2 Tbsp black olives
Jalapeno as required
2 Tbsp Corn kernels
Capsicum chopped as required
5-6 Cherry tomatoes
How to make Pizza Sauce:
1. Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the bay leaves and peppercorns and saute for a few seconds.
2. Add the onions, garlic and capsicum and saute on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, tomato Puree, tomato ketchup, sugar, chili flakes and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
4. Finally, add the dried oregano and basil and mix well. Remove the bay leaves and peppercorns and discard them.
5. Divide the pizza sauce into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
6. Spread a portion of the prepared pizza sauce evenly over each bread slice and sprinkle grated cheese and vegetables of your choice. I have used black olives, Jalapeno, Cherry tomatoes, Capsicum and Corn kernels.
7. Add more cheese on the topping, and Bake in a Pr-heated oven at 200°c for 5 to 7 minutes or till the cheese melts. sprinkle some chili flakes and oregano as required.