Biryani, is an Indian mixed rice dish with its origins among the Muslims of the Indian subcontinent. It is generally made with spices, rice, and meat. Biryani is derived from the Farsi word 'Birian'. Based on the name, and cooking style, one can conclude that the dish originated in Persia and/or Arabia. It could have come from Persia via Afghanistan to North India.
Pilaf or Pulao, as it is known in the South Asia and the Indian Subcontinent, is another mixed rice dish popular in Indian, Pakistani and Middle Eastern cuisine. Pulao tends to be plainer than the biryani and consists of either vegetables or meat cooked with rice. Vegtable Biryani is very famous and delicious one to enjoy. I am not so Biryani Lover, As very rarely I do make it, Rare means once in a year I guess ;) But somehow, when you want to eat something different in your dinner, Why not try to make this delicious vegetable biryani. I love the hint of Saffron mflk the most in this Biryani. It takes the dish on another level. As I said I am not so so Biryani Lover, But when I got the parcel of EASTERN SPICES at my home here in Qatar. There's Sindhi Biryani Mix packet in the parcel. The day when I got the parcel, I was so sure to make some layered Vegetable Biryani with this spice mix. And the day is here. In the morning I started preparations to make this Biryani and ended with delicious one. The best part of this Biryani was the spices. And I could get that restaurant style Biryani taste by only Eastern spices. Here are the products which I got from the company. Take a look of the products.
Using this Sindhi Biryani Mix for my vegetable biryani was the perfect masala mix and the result to use the product was outstanding. You must have tasted many Pulao dishes and Biryanis. But when you make them at home, and want to have some restaurant style taste, This Eastern Spice mix is the perfect option to get the flavor. Meanwhile check the product review rating below and at the same time, check out the recipe of this delicious Vegetable Biryani!!!
So, The product review is
Quality of Product: 10/10
Quantity of Product: 9/10
Health Benefits: 10/10
Price Rating: 10/10
2 cups Basmati rice, soaked and drained
1 bay leaf
1 small piece cinnamon
Salt to taste
1/4 cup Saffron milk
2 Cups Boiled veggies (Carrots, Potatoes, Green peas, and french beans, Capsicum)
2 Tbs Oil
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
1 Big Onion, finely chopped
2 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
1/2 tsp Red chili Powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
2 tsp Coriander Powder
1 tsp Eastern Biryani Masla
1/2 Cup Finely chopped Tomatoes
Sugar as per your taste
Salt to taste
1. Combine 5 cups of water, bay leaf, cinnamon, clove, cardamom, rice and salt in a deep non-stick pan, cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes or till the rice is cooked. Strain the rice using a strainer and keep aside.
2. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds. When the seeds crackle, add the onions and saute on a medium flame for few minutes or till the onions turn translucent.
3. Add the Ginger Garlic paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder, chili powder and Eastern Biryani masala and saute on a medium flame for a few seconds.
4. Add the tomatoes and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
5. Add the mixed vegetables, salt and cook on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
6. Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
How to make layers of Biryani
1. Take a Glass baking Bowl and make a layer of Rice on that. Add sprinkle Saffron milk on that. and spread it evenly.
2. Transfer ½ of the vegetable mixture in a Bowl and spread it evenly with the back of a spoon.
3. Top it with the remaining ½ of the rice and spread it evenly.
4. Pour the Saffron milk on rice layer and
5. Place the Bowl in microwave and cook it for 5 minutes.
Garnish it with ghee roasted Cashews and some chopped Coriander leaves, You can garnish with some fried onions too :)
Serve the Biryani immediately and Enjoyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment