This Eggless lemon cake is pure lemony perfection!
Prisha was so happy and excited to try this lemon cake as she never tasted this. When she came back from school, her first question was like Mommyy you made cake or no? Umm I was just pulling her leg like, Noo, I couldn't got time and wasn't able to bake it, she dumped her bag and went to her room....I came to her with slice of lemon cake and that smile on her face was million dollar smile. she jumped to me and was so happy :)
The recipe is based on Eggless vanilla cake, with lots of lemon flavor added in via lemon zest and lemon extract and of course, a delicious lemon buttercream frosting. It’s super easy, and will happily fulfill all your lemon cake dreams!!!!! This lemon cake recipe is for our #Lemonaffair theme on Foodiemonday bloghop. Check out the recipe below and Enjoyy!!!!!!!!!!!
1.5 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 - 1.25 cups milk
The zest of two whole lemons
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Spray cake pan with non-stick spray and line the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
3. Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the sugar, baking soda and salt. Then add the milk, olive oil, vinegar, vanilla, lemon extract and lemon zest. Whisk with a hand whisk briefly until nicely combined and no big lumps remain. Don’t over mix, tiny lumps are okay.
4. Pour the batter into the cake pan and place into the oven to bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the cake comes out clean.
5. Remove the cake from the pan and place onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.
Frost the cake with Lemon Icing.
I love lemon in everything, especially in desserts. Your lemon cake looks just perfect! I'm sure it tastes as lovely as it looks!ReplyDelete
Love this lemon cake, it looks just perfect. I have to get some meyer lemons again to try this.ReplyDelete
The eggless lemon cake with that lemon butter cream frosting looks so delectable Waagmi ! Beautifully presented and photography is just awesome !ReplyDelete
I love lemon cake. And your looks so tempting. Beautiful click Waagmi. Superb share.ReplyDelete
Love the shot Waagmi !!!! Such a flavorful cake you have prepared for theme Awesome the lemon butter frosting as well :)ReplyDelete
Love this lemon flavoured cake.Perfect share for the theme.Frosting on the cake looks inviting.ReplyDelete
Lemon cake is one of my favourites and yours looks so inviting ❤️ReplyDelete
Beautiful shot and a cake with lemon flavour is bound to be delicious!!!ReplyDelete
Lemon frosting on a lemon cake..just too delicious. Having a cup of tea right now, wish I could have a slice of your cake.ReplyDelete
What a beautiful cake! Perfect share for the themeReplyDelete