This Eggless lemon cake is pure lemony perfection!
Prisha was so happy and excited to try this lemon cake as she never tasted this. When she came back from school, her first question was like Mommyy you made cake or no? Umm I was just pulling her leg like, Noo, I couldn't got time and wasn't able to bake it, she dumped her bag and went to her room....I came to her with slice of lemon cake and that smile on her face was million dollar smile. she jumped to me and was so happy :)
The recipe is based on Eggless vanilla cake, with lots of lemon flavor added in via lemon zest and lemon extract and of course, a delicious lemon buttercream frosting. It’s super easy, and will happily fulfill all your lemon cake dreams!!!!! This lemon cake recipe is for our #Lemonaffair theme on Foodiemonday bloghop. Check out the recipe below and Enjoyy!!!!!!!!!!!
1.5 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 - 1.25 cups milk
The zest of two whole lemons
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Spray cake pan with non-stick spray and line the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
3. Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the sugar, baking soda and salt. Then add the milk, olive oil, vinegar, vanilla, lemon extract and lemon zest. Whisk with a hand whisk briefly until nicely combined and no big lumps remain. Don’t over mix, tiny lumps are okay.
4. Pour the batter into the cake pan and place into the oven to bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the cake comes out clean.
5. Remove the cake from the pan and place onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.
Frost the cake with Lemon Icing.