Adding healthful amounts of nuts like walnuts to your diet can help you to maintain your ideal weight over time. Everyday 2-3 walnuts are so much healthy for our body, Brain and eyes too. perfect for kids to have it. I make sure to give 3-4 blanched Almonds, and walnuts to Prisha everyday in morning. And she loves to have blanched almonds. Last week bought one big bottle of cream cheese and was wondering what to make with this cream cheese as I am leaving for India next week. So need to finish it off as soon as possible. Everyday making some salads, some spreading on Bread and having it in our breakfast, Yesterday thinking to use good amount of it and tried to make some healthy cream cheese bars. They came out so so perfect and yummy as well. Prisha loved it so much even me and Himanshu too loved it. But because of good amount of fat in it, preferring to give these yummy bars to your kids ;) As I made this by keeping kids in my mind, because these bars contains good amount of butter, cream cheese, chocolates, cherries, condense milk...yeah....Guilt pleasure it is ;)
You can always use whole wheat flour too to make this cake bars. Instead of using condense milk and yogurt you can use eggs. add 3 eggs if you are making with eggs. You can simply enjoy these bars by putting them in fridge for 3-4 days. Well at my place they are already finished. So to give a perfect treat to your child, make this super delicious bars at home, and surprise them :) Check out the step by step recipe below.
110 gm Butter
75 gm Cream cheese
100gm Castor Sugar
2 Tbsp Yogurt
3 Tbsp Condense Milk
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
110 gm All purpose Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
50 gm Chocolate chips
20 gm Walnuts, chopped
40 gm Sweet Cherries
1. Take a Bowl, and whisk Butter, Cream Cheese and Sugar until it gets light and fluffy.
2. Now add Condense milk and yogurt and mix them properly. Add Vanilla Essence and mix all well.
3. Now add Dry Ingredients in wet mixture which are APF, Baking Soda, Baking Powder and fold it well, And Finally add Chocolate chips, chopped walnuts, chopped Sweet cherries and fold this mixture very well. The consistency should not be so dropping one. it should be little tight and pouring.
4. Transfer this Batter to greased Cake tin and bake it on 190 degree C for 25-30 minutes.
5. Take out the Cake tin from the oven let it be come on room temperature and unmould from the cake pan.