This loaf is magnificent; everything you want in a homemade bread. It’s, Seriously simple, Tender on the inside, Crusty on the outside, Loaded with whole grains, Seedy, Dreamy & Perfect.
This makes the perfect bread for toast, sandwiches, french toast, and everything in between. We had our breakfast with these french loafs by topping some strawberry jam and peanut butter. Loved the taste of freshly baked Multi cereal french bread.
This post is contributed to our #146th #Foodiemonday #Bloghop event.. And this time we all are back with #Bread recipes. check out the recipe below and try to make your own hand made multi cereal french bread.
1/2 cup unsweetened multi-grain cereal
2 cups boiling water
1 envelope dry yeast
4 1/3 cups bread flour
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons sesame seeds
2 teaspoons flax seeds
2 cups water
1. Place cereal in large bowl. Pour 2 cups boiling water over. keep it aside for 20 minutes.
2. Sprinkle yeast over cereal. Add 1 cup bread flour, oil, sugar and salt and stir until smooth.
3. Gradually mix in enough remaining bread flour to form dough. Cover dough; let rest 15 minutes.
Turn out dough onto floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic, adding more flour if sticky, about 10 minutes.
4. Oil large bowl. Add dough to bowl; turn to coat. Cover bowl with clean kitchen towel. Let dough rise in warm area until doubled, about 1 hour.
5. Mix all seeds in bowl. Punch down dough. Turn out onto lightly oiled surface. Knead briefly. Shape into loaf.Sprinkle baking sheet with 2 teaspoons seeds. Place loaf atop seeds. Cover with towel. Let rise in warm area until almost doubled, about 30 minutes.
6. Position 1 oven rack in center and 1 just below center in oven. Place baking pan on lower rack and preheat oven to 180 degree. Brush loaf with water. Sprinkle with remaining seed mixture. Using sharp knife, cut 3 diagonal slashes in surface of loaf. Place baking sheet with loaf in oven. Immediately pour 2 cups water into hot pan on lower rack in oven (water will steam).
Bake loaf until golden and crusty and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Transfer to rack and cool.