Shahi Paneer is the recipe with all good ingredients. This delicious curry is made with onion cashew and tomato gravy. the gravy smooth and silky with hint of cream on it. its actually easy to make this curry. it took me only 30 minutes to serve my dinner yesterday. its not so spicy but the raw spices add all the flavors which makes this curry shahi. cashew nuts gives that nice smooth texture to the gravy. I tried this recipe after long long time.
This time I was searching for this recipe on google, and saw many videos of this recipe. few recipes are different but this was easy and delicious. I tried this recipe from chef sanjyot keer. This time for our foodiemonday bloghop event, the theme was suggested by Sujata Roy, she owned a beautiful blog called Better up with sujata. There are many recipes I like from her blog but these are my favorite. Brocooli stir fry and Tomato corn peas paneer kadhi stop by her blog and check many many recipes.
Till then check the recipe below for shahi paneer.
For tomato and onion puree
1 tbsp Butter
2 pods cardamom
1 inch cinnamon
1 pod black cardamom
1 onion, sliced
3 clove garlic
1 inch ginger, chopped
2 tomato, chopped
10-12 cashew nuts
1 cup water
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp butter
1/2 tsp shahi jeera
1 bay leaf
1/4 tsp turmeric
1 tsp kashmiri red chili powder
1/4 cup cream
200 gm paneer
few threads saffron
1/2 tsp kasuri methi, crushed
1/4 tsp garam masala
1. Firstly, in a kadhai heat 1 tbsp butter and saute 2 pods cardamom, 1 inch cinnamon,1 pod black cardamom and 3 cloves. now add 1 onion, 3 clove garlic and 1 inch ginger and cashew nuts. saute slightly until onion softens.
2. Further, add 2 tomato and saute slightly. also, add 1 cup water and 1 tsp salt. mix well.
cover and boil for 20 minutes or until it softens completely.
3. Cool completely and transfer to a blender. blend to smooth paste without adding any water.
sieve the puree making sure the puree is smooth and silky. keep aside.
4. In a large kadhai heat 1 tbsp butter and saute 1/2 tsp shahi jeera and 1 bay leaf.
keeping flame on low add 1/4 tsp turmeric and 1 tsp chili powder. saute slightly until the spices turn aromatic.
5. Add in the prepared tomato-onion puree and mix well. Further, add 1/4 cup cream and mix until everything is well combined.
6. Add in 200 gm cubes Paneer, mix well. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until flavors are absorbed well.
now add 1/2 tsp kasuri methi and 1/4 tsp garam masala. mix well.
finally, enjoy shahi paneer with roti or jeera rice.
Enjoy this delicious recipe.