No Christmas is ever complete without a classic Christmas Cake on the table. Its very easy if you prepare and weigh all the ingredients, and line the tin before you start.
Christmas Day is an annual festival commemorating the birth of Jesus Christ, observed most commonly on December as a religious and cultural celebration among billions of people around the world. A feast central to the Christian liturgical year, it is prepared for by the season of Advent or the Nativity Fast and initiates the season of Christmastide, which historically in the West lasts twelve days and culminates on Twelfth Night; in some traditions, Christmastide includes an Octave. Christmas Day is a public holiday in many of the world's nations, is celebrated culturally by a large number of non-Christian people, and is an integral part of the holiday season.
The practice of putting up special decorations at Christmas has a long history. In the 15th century, it was recorded that in London it was the custom at Christmas for every house and all the parish churches to be "decked with holm, ivy, bays, and whatsoever the season of the year afforded to be green". The heart-shaped leaves of ivy were said to symbolize the coming to earth of Jesus, while holly was seen as protection against pagans and witches, its thorns and red berries held to represent the Crown of Thorns worn by Jesus at the crucifixion and the blood he shed.
The Christmas tree is considered by some as Christianisation of pagan tradition and ritual surrounding the Winter Solstice, which included the use of evergreen boughs, and an adaptation of pagan tree worship; according to a biographer, who was a missionary in Germany, took an axe to an oak tree dedicated to Thor and pointed out a fir tree, which he stated was a more fitting object of reverence because it pointed to heaven and it had a triangular shape, which he said was symbolic of the Trinity.
A Special Christmas family meal is traditionally an important part of the holiday's celebration, and the food that is served varies greatly from country to country. Some regions, such as Sicily, have special meals for Christmas Eve, when 12 kinds of fish are served. In the United Kingdom and countries influenced by its traditions, a standard Christmas meal includes turkey, goose or other large bird, gravy, potatoes, vegetables, sometimes bread and cider. Special desserts are also prepared, such as Christmas pudding, mince pies, fruit cake and Yule log.
Its our 19th #foodiemonday #bloghop Event and The Christmas is right on the corner, we decided to celebrate it variety of Cakes, Thts why our theme is #christmasspecialcake ....Check out My entry which is Snow white Cake....As winter is On, And I personally like this cake too much....So decided to go ahead with this one...Its a simple vanilla sponge inside and loads of white chocolate on the Top and covered...The simple and elegant look makes this cake more classic....Check out the step by step recipe below and Enjoyyyyy...!!! Merry christmas to all of you !! :)
200 gm Condense Milk
2 Tbsp Butter
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
3/4 tsp Baking Powder
3/4 Cup All purpose Flour
3-4 drops Vanilla essence
2 Cup White Chocolate Flakes
3 Cup Whipped Cream
1. Line up all the Ingredients. Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Grease the cake pans. Dust with flour; tap out excess.
2. In a medium bowl, combine Condense Milk, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, and Essence mix this mixture until fluffy.
3. Add Butter in the above mixture and again mix it well until the better becomes fluffy.
4. Now Add All purpose flour and Fold them very well.
5. Add milk to reach the pouring consistency of the batter.
6. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 13-15 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Cool in pans on a wire rack 10 minutes. Invert onto wire rack; invert again and let cool completely on rack.
8. Take a slab of White chocolate, and simply Grate them in grater and make chocolate flakes.
9. Cut the freshly made sponge cake in to Two parts and soak a one layer with sugar syrup...And place some amount of whipped cream on it and layer it. Now place another sliced cake and again soak it with sugar syrup.
10. Now, Cover whole the cake with Whipped cream...and Simply Place chocolate flakes on it...This will give a snow effect to your Cake...You can decorate it on your way too, By making some chocolate roses, or anything you want...As I am presenting this in my Christmas treat so, decorating it with Santa :)
Enjoyyyyyyyyyyyy This super White snow white cake and Merry Christmas to all my friends!!!! :)
Note: 1. Well, This cake will Cut in to 6-7 Small pieces as it will be a small cake.
2. You an simply double the quantity to make big cake, the flavor will be awesome..
Awesome share Waagmi!!ReplyDelete
Amaaaaaaizzzzing Wagmee unique cake, specially tht Santa reminds me my snow days in London really superb and awesome ....I will give 10/10 for this wonderful creationReplyDelete
We want to buy this cake can you guys send to our address !!! £ $ how much you quote for thi cakeReplyDelete
Fantastic Post! Lot of information is helpful in some or the other way. Keep updating.leaves shape cake mouldReplyDelete